Just remember guys, if he doesn't sign here I know people that went to High School with him - he was supposedly kind of a jerk back then :P

He wasn't bad. He knew he was good. He did get drunk at a dance and the principal drove him home...and he of course got in no trouble.

In all fairness, I was kind of a jerk back in high school, too. I'm still kind of a jerk, but what I'm getting at here is that SOME people do actually change over time. ;)

If I can change...

And you can change...

ANYBODY CAN CHANGE!!

• Upvote 1

Guest rochester
I think you are right here. I wonder how many people would just give up on the team all together???? We really need to land him....BIG TIME.

I am not sure I see it this way... if this goes down it may actually be a rallying call - the us against the world mentality...

The fact that this has come to this is borderline treason:laughlol:

President to Joint Chief of Staff:

"I know you want to retire - how about we offer you a nice consulting job, quadrupling your salary?"

JCOC: I dunno Mr. President them Al Queda folks are doing pretty well and have a lot more $$. In fact, Mr. Bin Laden is convincing me to go to their side. I know, the US is my home and I love it but...well, you know...

I want Tex as bad as everyone else but we lose no matter what happens. If we sign him it will cost us guys like AJ and Wieters down the road when they get close to FA and we have no money to re-sign. If we lose the fans will be so upset they have to look at Tex in a Boston uniform. I believe the Yanks are only in to drive the Sux price up. I have no problem wiht the Nats getting him because that helps the O's with MASN.

The only way this team wins is to build inventory as AM says.

If we lose Tex, I say trade Roberts because we are not competing in this division until 2011. I love this team but I would rather lose Tex then lose AJ, Matusz, Guthrie, Wieters, etc. down the road. That is what this contract will do to us.

Read what Sonny wrote, AM would be out at this point if not for PA. He basically is thinking what I am writing.

This contract will cause more years of losing. Let him go to Boston.

But Julio Lugo wears #23 so he won't play there! No #23 on the Orioles active roster :clap3:

Julio Lugo is not going to stop them from signing a major free agent. If they haven't managed to unload him by the beginning of spring training as they've been trying to for awhile, he'll simply arrive to find a different numbered uniform in his locker. If he's lucky Tex will buy him a case of beer.

In all fairness, I was kind of a jerk back in high school, too. I'm still kind of a jerk, but what I'm getting at here is that SOME people do actually change over time. ;)

Can you hit a major league curveball?

lose him? when did we get him' date=' you've been negative the entire time I've been reading this thread?[/quote']

DirtyBurnie either began to post late last night or super early this morning (it all runs together), but yeah he has been negative the whole time. All he talked about for a while was rewording "Tex will go to Boston" every 20 posts.

It is getting so damn annoying. It is almost like once Tex does sign with the BoSucks, he can say "I told you so"

We certainly are not out of the picture. It's all about Mr Angelos at this point. Andy MacPhail would have pulled up the tent by now if not for that. But where it stops...no one knows.

Didn't see this until now, with Belkast and Sonny76 reporting we aren't done, I most certainly believe.

Angelos wants Tex, and I think he's willing to outbid everybody to get him...

Edited by JTrea81

Tex is going to become enemy #1 if he signs with NY or Boston..Maybe DC as well.

There is no doubt about that.

He talks about it being his dream to be here and things like that....We have put a ton of money out there for him to fulfill that dream and apparently, we will put even more money out there.

If he truly wants to be here, then 160 million(or whatever) should be enough to make it happen....at least that will be how fans look at it and if he signs with the hated Sox, he will be booed and hated...you can bet on that.

There will be nobody there to boo.:o Only a sea of Red to cheer.

Well yes, but millions upon millions of dollars rarely make a person get nicer than they were when they were a kid.

While I will not leave the O's, I will definitely watch and follow them considerably less this upcoming season if they do not sign Tex. I will also probably not go to any games as well. It will really just be more of the same, there is no point. I fully expect attendence numbers to continue to dip if we do not get Tex. Everyone is right, Tex represents so much more than just a big signing.

While I understand what your saying, I dont believe that part makes sense, if we dont sign Tex it would suck, but if we are competitive without Tex and start bringing up young players such as Wieters, your telling me you wont watch the O's?

I'm gonna go **Edited** on his parent's house :D

**Edited** How does that make sense

Edited by Greg Pappas
Inappropriate political retort.
  • Downvote 1

DirtyBurnie either began to post late last night or super early this morning (it all runs together), but yeah he has been negative the whole time. All he talked about for a while was rewording "Tex will go to Boston" every 20 posts.

It is getting so damn annoying. It is almost like once Tex does sign with the BoSucks, he can say "I told you so"

I know I was tempted to type something calling him out on that last night, but felt it may have been too mean, but today when he stated that if we "lose" Tex it was the last straw for me