Jump to content
Frobby

Here comes Texas!

Recommended Posts

For those assuming that the battle for worst team in baseball came down to us and the DBacks, Texas has just tied us in the loss column, losing their last 11 in a row.   We have a 3-game set with them on the final home weekend of the season that could loom large.   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people still play these silly games?   Rooting for the Orioles to lose so we can get a higher pick?

I mean last year when things started going bad in late August, people were saying "Tank for Kumar!".   We ended up picking 5th, could have had Kumar, and didn't even take him.   Don't those people feel kind of foolish now?

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

For those assuming that the battle for worst team in baseball came down to us and the DBacks, Texas has just tied us in the loss column, losing their last 11 in a row.   We have a 3-game set with them on the final home weekend of the season that could loom large.   

With Papa Frita and Trey gone, Conner Greene, Cesar and Shaun Anderson say, "Giddyup, we can easily lose 11!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

Just imagine how bad they'll be once they trade Joey Gallo and Kyle Gibson.

It seems to me that teams don't get worse after those types of sell offs, even when the apparent talent level decreases. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Do people still play these silly games?   Rooting for the Orioles to lose so we can get a higher pick?

I mean last year when things started going bad in late August, people were saying "Tank for Kumar!".   We ended up picking 5th, could have had Kumar, and didn't even take him.   Don't those people feel kind of foolish now?

The more teams engage in the tank method of rebuilding the less efficient it is.  More players on the market, more demand for "hidden gems", less teams buying and, of course, it's harder to get that coveted top pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It seems to me that teams don't get worse after those types of sell offs, even when the apparent talent level decreases. 

Recent example: 2019-20 Orioles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep.  It seems as if while the talent level decreases the team stops under performing. 

And that was even with the handicap of 407 plate appearances by CrusheDavis. Despite our poor play this year, it's remarkable that we're a few percentage points ahead of 2019 so far (.340 vs. .333), when we had Bundy, Cashner, Givens, Castro, and Bleier for most of the season, and career years from Villar, Nunez, Mancini, Alberto, and Severino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

For those assuming that the battle for worst team in baseball came down to us and the DBacks, Texas has just tied us in the loss column, losing their last 11 in a row.   We have a 3-game set with them on the final home weekend of the season that could loom large.   

Why does it matter? Elias would use the number one overall pick to draft the 12th best player, likely another corner OF bc you know those are always more important than a stud SS like Lawlar. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Why does it matter? Elias would use the number one overall pick to draft the 12th best player, likely another corner OF bc you know those are always more important than a stud SS like Lawlar. 

You are really making me hope Lawlar crashes and burns.  Face it, you don’t really know who will be better between the two.   Plus, we are still waiting to see what Lawlar will cost (if he is signed at all).   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afficianados of the race to the bottom know that its the W column that's important. The Rangers have won two more games than the O's. Texas has to live with those 2 wins and cannot decrease their wins with more losses. The O's remain in the driver's seat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frobby said:

For those assuming that the battle for worst team in baseball came down to us and the DBacks, Texas has just tied us in the loss column, losing their last 11 in a row.   We have a 3-game set with them on the final home weekend of the season that could loom large.   

Don't you mean loom small?  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...