Sports Guy

Os trade Galvis to Phillies

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Burch should go straight to AA. 

His ERA is 3.99 and he has given up 5 homers in 29 innings but everything is good.  No reason to send him to A ball.

Which means he'll be in 2023 at this rate.

17 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Richie Martin wants his job.

Martin is going to get SS, Urias will get Second, and Valaika will get on that sad train to the horizon.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So he improved to “less terrible.”

And yet I’d be happy to see him get some flings on the big mound this season.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Sounds reasonable for two months of a 1-2 win player making $1.5M.

Burch does have 49 strikeouts in 29 innings this year in A ball, which can't be much below average even in 2021.

Wow, ease up on the sarcasm throttle a little! 🙃

30 minutes ago, Philip said:

Martin is going to get SS, Urias will get Second, and Valaika will get on that sad train to the horizon.

With plenty of health insurance and retirement pay!

Back to the Burch Society:

6 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I really don't like this trade if it means I have to watch Domingo Leyba  try to hit baseballs thrown by ML pitchers and try to field baseballs hit by ML hitters.

Don't worry, at some point it will get so bad, Elias will bring Stevie back up.

7 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I really don't like this trade if it means I have to watch Domingo Leyba  try to hit baseballs thrown by ML pitchers and try to field baseballs hit by ML hitters.

You don't have to tonight!   Valaika is starting.   Guess it's a platoon, Pat vs lefties and Domingo vs righties.

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You don't have to tonight!   Valaika is starting.   Guess it's a platoon, Pat vs lefties and Domingo vs righties.

I like keeping Valaika available on the bench for late inning replacement - either pitching or fielding.

51 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Wow, ease up on the sarcasm throttle a little! 🙃

A little sarcasm, but on Burch's high A team there are nine pitchers with 12+ K/9, and the team is 33-41.  Used to be if you had Burch's K rate and K:BB ratio you were on the fast track to the majors, on the cover of Baseball America.  Now I don't even know if he's a prospect.

• Upvote 2

And it seems that we are sending cash back? I wonder how much of Galvis’ salary we are paying in order to get this guy? Elias must be really high on him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• So much has to go right for it to happen.  And i hold no ill will towards Buck.  Life is too short.
    • I'd rather the Orioles get the World Series rings.
    • I wish Buck nothing but the best.  But I feel that way about most people.
    • I was thinking they'd go veteran to start the offseason, but with Nottingham in the picture now, he seems like a guy that Elias is going to at least give a chance to earn a big league job. Given he's out of options, I don't see him breaking camp with the club just to be DFA'ed a couple weeks later when Adley is promoted (assuming he starts the year in the minors, pending CBA). I'm not sure they give him a job right out, but I don't think they're going to have him fight just to earn a job for a couple weeks to then be DFA'ed. I think he either gets a job out of spring training or starts in AAA.  That said, I think a reunion with Wynns is who they'd pair with Adley and Nottingham. I could potentially also see someone like Mathis signed after the lockout if it looks like Adley will still start the year in AAA. Mathis is a vet, obviously, but he'll play this coming season at 39 and only got in 3 games in 2021. He seems like a guy that would be brought in to camp to be a de facto coach while given a chance to hold on. 
    • I’ve always hated the Mets, but if Buck were their manager I’d have to root for him to succeed.   He had his flaws (just ask Duquette), but in the clubhouse and in the games, he was excellent.   The city really took to his personality.   It’s a real shame that things ended so poorly.    I have to say though, the fact that a highly paid player “has let it be known” that he’d like Buck to be the manager sounds like early trouble for Billy Eppler as GM.  
    • I'd rather see him on the range than on a golf course -- less chance of injury. Mini-golf would be ever better.
    • I always liked Buck, and though it's hard to know what a manager is adding (or subtracting) I thought he was a big part of the Orioles' success in the previous decade. (Seems much longer ago.) I thought that right up until October 4, 2016. Since then, I've had a difficult time evaluating Buck. I became suspicious about pretty much every in-game decision he made. I was much more critical when I read about his loopy ideas for player evaluation, disfavoring freckles, young guys with thick beards, and players light eyes, and I wondered whether any of that stuff had hurt the Orioles by affecting decisions about retaining, acquiring and using players. When the Orioles made some really bad personnel decisions, harming the future of the team, I wondered whether Buck had a role in those as others asserted confidently that he did. I have a lot of pleasant memories of Buck (as well as "Buckle up" and "I like our guys" T-shirts), but my good will towards him was pretty much used up when he was dismissed. I hope whoever manages the Mets is wildly successfully. For the Mets to improve dramatically would, from my perspective, help in a couple of ways. It would provide a good test as to whether you can build a winning team by out-spending other teams and bringing in decent management. (I think you can, as long as you combine the dollars with good -- or at least not-terrible -- decisions, and some decent luck.) Second, by attaining and sustaining on-field success for five years or so, the Mets would be likely to provide more competition for the NYYs in terms of New York media attention. Since MLB is not subject to the antitrust laws, teams are permitted to exclude competition from the outside. Only the Mets (and to a very minor degree the RS and Phillies) can compete with the NYYs for the big dollars that are out there in the gigantic NYC metro market. They've done that effectively before (especially in the 1980s). With Cohen's money and some smart baseball guys, maybe they can do it again. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29174512/tim-kurkjian-baseball-fix-buck-showalter-sees-things-else-see https://eutawstreetreport.com/buck-showalter-once-saved-his-dog-from-a-hurricane/
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now