Jump to content
bpilktree

Mattingly tests positive.

Recommended Posts

He started having some mild symptoms Friday so that would make it he either caught it while we were playing them or right after.  I wonder if we have any players or coaches forced in protocol for close contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s a safe assumption that we’re going to see more frequent positive tests thru the end of the season. MLB favored the J&J vaccine, which seems less effective at preventing transmission (but great at preventing serious symptoms). In hindsight J&J was a mistake for MLB. I assume it was a logistics and ease of administering just one shot decision. I wonder, if things keep getting worse, does MLB start restricting crows sizes again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UMDTerrapins said:

I think it’s a safe assumption that we’re going to see more frequent positive tests thru the end of the season. MLB favored the J&J vaccine, which seems less effective at preventing transmission (but great at preventing serious symptoms). In hindsight J&J was a mistake for MLB. I assume it was a logistics and ease of administering just one shot decision. I wonder, if things keep getting worse, does MLB start restricting crows sizes again. 

They can't restrict crow sizes... it's not a domed stadium... those damn things will fly in regardless of the their size... I know serious subject and I apologize but I've had a couple of beverages while enjoying this sunday afternoon on my deck.  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delta is pretty contagious, even among vaccinated folks. But, from what I've read it stays pretty mild if the person who caught it was vaccinated.  Hopefully Mattingly is ok, and recovers quickly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sevastras said:

Who cares? If you haven’t figured out this is all a bunch of garbage by now, you must still be watching CNN. 

What does that have to do with Mattingly, or baseball? Anyway, I hope for Don’s sake that it’s isolated and that he’s okay. He’s one of the (very) few Yankees that I always respected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sevastras said:

Who cares? If you haven’t figured out this is all a bunch of garbage by now, you must still be watching CNN. 

Take that elsewhere. This thread is about Mattingly testing positive, not your stance on the virus.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bpilktree said:

He started having some mild symptoms Friday so that would make it he either caught it while we were playing them or right after.  I wonder if we have any players or coaches forced in protocol for close contact.

Seemingly, Akin and Santander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Take that elsewhere. This thread is about Mattingly testing positive, not your stance on the virus.

Mattingly testing positive for covid shouldn’t have anything to do with baseball 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sevastras said:

Mattingly testing positive for covid shouldn’t have anything to do with baseball 

*Looks around* So…Who wants to tell him?

3 hours ago, dedwretched said:

Except he's the manager for a MLB team. Sooo...

Ah! 
 

Plus, they just played the Orioles and two players went out for precautions. Completely seems MLB and Oriole worthy…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...