Il BuonO

Your 2022 FA Wish List

On 10/6/2021 at 11:37 AM, Hazmat said:

Per MLB TR, the Rockies are focused on re-signing Gray and the Padres are targeting Stroman.  

Let's add Andrew Heaney to the list of realistic SP options for the O's:

Kuhl, Velasquez, Quintana, Heaney

With all the pitching the Pads have gotten over the last few years, if they sign Stroman, someone should be available.  See if you can get Clevinger cheap.

1 hour ago, Matt Bennett said:

Richie Martin has sank. No problem with him being one of the first cuts off the 40-man. 

Don't think anyone suggested we sign Tim Beckham to be our shortstop.

Ok, I think I misunderstood your prior message and you had listed Beckham has an example if a prior middle infielder the Orioles brought onto the roster. 

I'm way down on Martin too, and I would roll with Urias and Mateo at 2B and SS as the team is currently constructed. Plus, I'm intrigued by Kelvin Gutiérrez at 3B because of his glove. He's likely not good enough to play everyday with his bat, but it would be a nice surprise if Gutiérrez could put up a .700 to .750 OPS in 2022. 

56 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Chris Taylor for SS?  He can play SS and move around if pushed by prospects.  Kind of a modern day Zobrist.

Sounds like the kind of player the O's should target.  Would a 3 year deal be enough?

41 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Sounds like the kind of player the O's should target.  Would a 3 year deal be enough?

Passan speculated that the market for Taylor will start at the Zobrist deal (4 years, $56 million). I personally think he’ll exceed that. 

Chris Taylor, UT, Los Angeles Dodgers, 31: Teams love Taylor's skill set: He walks, he's got some pop, he runs the bases extremely well and he can play everywhere -- second, shortstop, third and all three outfield positions this season alone. The market for a player like Taylor is well-established: four years and $56 million for Ben Zobrist. And with the Dodgers, Rays, Giants and others illustrating the value of versatility, Taylor will find himself very popular.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/32297475/jeff-passan-early-2021-22-mlb-free-agency-tiers

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sydnor said:

Passan speculated that the market for Taylor will start at the Zobrist deal (4 years, $56 million). I personally think he’ll exceed that. 

Chris Taylor, UT, Los Angeles Dodgers, 31: Teams love Taylor's skill set: He walks, he's got some pop, he runs the bases extremely well and he can play everywhere -- second, shortstop, third and all three outfield positions this season alone. The market for a player like Taylor is well-established: four years and $56 million for Ben Zobrist. And with the Dodgers, Rays, Giants and others illustrating the value of versatility, Taylor will find himself very popular.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/32297475/jeff-passan-early-2021-22-mlb-free-agency-tiers

Zobrist like player getting a Zobrist type deal, makes sense.  I guess that puts him out of the O's self imposed spending limits.  Who is Chris Taylor light?  I guess I should expect Galvis, Franco 🤮, or maybe a return of Iglesias. 

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Who is Chris Taylor light? 

Matt Duffy?   

Some 2022 UFA Infielders per Spotrac, sorted by 2021 Chase Rate percentile among MLB'ers with 300 PA this year:

Orioles Bin: Duffy 87, Lowrie 86, B. Miller 70, Andrelton 44, Asdrubal 36, E. Escobar 31, Solano 25, Galvis 20, J. Harrison 7, J. Iglesias 0

Pipe Dreams: Taylor 89, Semien 85, Correa 80, Bryant 55, Seager 47, Story 34, Baez 1

First Basemen: Belt 92, Freeman 60, Rizzo 41

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Zobrist like player getting a Zobrist type deal, makes sense.  I guess that puts him out of the O's self imposed spending limits.  Who is Chris Taylor light?  I guess I should expect Galvis, Franco 🤮, or maybe a return of Iglesias. 

Hopefully Elias will actually start trying to improve the team this offseason 

Stroman and Taylor with the rookies should help push the team in the right direction.

God a lot of the speculated FA targets are just sad.  Emblematic of a team going through the motions and not really interested in improving the product they put on the field long term.

5 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Orioles Bin: Duffy 87, Lowrie 86, B. Miller 70, Andrelton 44, Asdrubal 36, E. Escobar 31, Solano 25, Galvis 20, J. Harrison 7, J. Iglesias 0

There is not a lot in this list that really excites me.  Harrison is about it, and frankly that mostly because I like him as a player, and not fotlr the statistical benefit he will bring to the team.

8 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Some 2022 UFA Infielders per Spotrac, sorted by 2021 Chase Rate percentile among MLB'ers with 300 PA this year:

Pipe Dreams: Taylor 89, Semien 85, Correa 80, Bryant 55, Seager 47, Story 34, Baez 1

First Basemen: Belt 92, Freeman 60, Rizzo 41

These guys aren’t a pipe dream, they’re exactly who the Orioles should be targeting. 

Semien is my choice, but Taylor and Correa aren’t far behind.

Stupid Roch answer…… this is why he gets little respect. Either say we are nearing that point, I don’t know, or they just aren’t ready to inflate the payroll yet.

Are the Orioles ready to spend money on players?
Well, they have to receive their salaries. Otherwise, they’d file a grievance.

• Upvote 1

He the gives A better but probably unpopular answer

. But I’m not going to close the doors to anything.” OK, I’ll do it. They aren’t spending a lot on any position. Not yet.

I’m expecting dumpster diving even though I think a couple smart signings would be better.

Alas we are still trying to finish dead last.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He the gives A better but probably unpopular answer

I’m expecting dumpster diving even though I think a couple smart signings would be better.

Alas we are still trying to finish dead last.

I mean you can't expect a rebuild to be done properly with only two #1 picks, a #2 pick and a #5 pick.

These things take time....and a very low payroll.

10 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Stupid Roch answer…… this is why he gets little respect. Either say we are nearing that point, I don’t know, or they just aren’t ready to inflate the payroll yet.

FFS, he was joking around.  He did actually answer the question.