Greenpastures23

(Edit: Orioles get 1st pick after walkoff homer by Diamondbacks)

27 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I grew up thinking the parsley was there just for the visual garnish effect, but now I know it actually takes the taste to a new level. I always include parsley when preparing pasta now.

Flat leaf?

It goes back to the previous year. Whomever had the worst record gets the pick. In 2020, we had the same record so it goes back to 2019. We had a worse record then so we get the first pick. Hooray for sucking at baseball for so long!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Explosivo said:

It goes back to the previous year. Whomever had the worst record gets the pick. In 2020, we had the same record so it goes back to 2019. We had a worse record then so we get the first pick. Hooray for sucking at baseball for so long!

Crazy that we've had the same record as the Diamondbacks for two years in a row.

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Flat leaf?

Yes, I think that's the difference. When I was a kid, the parsley given with the school lunches was always a whole dried-out tuft of curly parsley set well aside from the food--definitely there for decoration rather than eating (it was like crinkly paper when I did try tasting it). As opposed to fresh, moist flat-leaved parsley chopped up and sprinkled right on the sauce or soup.

Love using fresh dill a lot, too.

5 hours ago, Explosivo said:

Wow, quite a dragged-out nail-biter!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Best HS bat in the draft, and most experts feel one of the best HS bats in a very long time.   Green has by far superior tools, and will be an elite outfielder, but Johnson is the better hitter with much better contact ability.   I love the idea....  I'm not sure he'd go much under slot, though...
    • I reject the idea that MD isn't an easy top 20 gig in the country.  Maybe  a little luster is off because of leaving the ACC (worst decision ever), but you're talking about a large fanbase for college basketball; top-notch facilities; a long and storied history; a campus in a large and attractive urban market; and you're the home town team, and really only major player, in probably a top 5 area for amateur talent in the country. There's no reason that MD shouldn't consistently be in the Sweet 16 and a coach/AD who can't produce those results should not be tolerated.
    • There is a Maryland basketball forum elsewhere on this website.   It’s worth discussing but really should be posted there.   
    • Overall, OPS is a better measure of offense than OBP by itself.   It just isn’t as good as it could be because it puts too much weight on the SLG component.   
    • You listed 17 schools, plus the 12 schools I listed.  That's 29.  I think Maryland is definitively better than Iowa, FSU, USC, TAMU, and Tennessee.  And Alabama as well.  I could make a case for a few others on that list as well to put it inside the top 20, but I could go either way on those.    Regardless I think that top-25 is the absolute floor for MD in terms of HC destination.  I think that is different from saying Maryland is a top-25 program.  Most of those programs have more recent success than Maryland, but for a prospective coach, potential matters as well, and Maryland's potential is sky-high.
    • Not bad. Here's mine: CF Mullins 2B Urias 1B Mountcastle RF Santander DH Mancini C Adley LF Hays 3B Odor SS Mateo
    • No offense but this is a really bad line of thinking and a poor way to build an offense. Luckily it seems like the Os understand this and are valuing OBP With the younger guys they are drafting and bringing into the organization.
  • Popular Contributors