Moose Milligan

If you could have any O's HoFer added to this franchise right now...

Which Orioles Hall of Famer would you add to the current roster?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Orioles Hall of Famer would you add to the current roster?

• SP Jim Palmer
    • 3B Brooks Robinson
    • RF Frank Robinson
    • 1B Eddie Murray
    • SS Cal Ripken

For the at age 25 part of the argument, here's how much you'd miss using bWAR

Palmer - 13 of 68 career WAR at age 24 and under

Brooks - 9 of 78

Frank - 30 of 107

Eddie - 17 of 69

Cal - 28 of 96

If Adley is the next one 20 years hence, you might not miss much though!

Having lived through Cal and watched him pile up all those counting stats every Iron Man day, I felt before stepping through this he wasn't 10 wins behind Frobby, but there it is in black and white.

7 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Would adding all of them make this a good team?  At least the O's would have a good offense.  Palmer can only do so much for the pitching.

Sure, you could trade them all for a ton of young guys.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Would adding all of them make this a good team?  At least the O's would have a good offense.  Palmer can only do so much for the pitching.

It would be a bit like the 96 Orioles except the 96 bullpen was more formidable. The offense would be really good and you have an infield defense that is going to prevent runs. Good luck getting any balls through the left side of that infield. 

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It would be a bit like the 96 Orioles except the 96 bullpen was more formidable. The offense would be really good and you have an infield defense that is going to prevent runs. Good luck getting any balls through the left side of that infield. 

Now if the O's could just add Mussina and the other 3 rotation slots would be bullpen games.

Frank Robby would kick the teams ass, make the young ones accountable. He was the leader the minute he walked into the clubhouse in 1966. 

Palmer  would absolutely go bonkers on this team. And he Is in my opinion  one of the top pitchers of all time.

Grew up watching all of these guys. First Orioles game 1966 WS

Brooks Robinson is my all time favorite player, but trying to be objective about it, I went with Palmer.  The whole team is bad, but our pitching is next level bad.  It would be amazing to have a TOR starter every 5th day.  It would help the bullpen from being overworked and might just possibly allow to carry another bat on the bench.  

If Palmer could throw 300 IP as effectively as he did back in the day, he’d easily be my choice.   But if he’s being relegated to 200 IP under modern standards, I’d probably pick Frank Robinson.   Not only was he a great player, he forced everyone around him to play mentally alert baseball, something this team doesn’t do consistently.