Jump to content
Explosivo

Orioles farm system ranked no. 2

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is Elio Prado even still playing ball?  Noelberth Romero has at least made it stateside.

Safe to say the Cashner deal wasn't about accumulating talent.

Someone said Prado is injured.   Don’t know if that’s true or not.   Romero is putting up decent numbers in the FCL.  I consider him a prospect of interest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Someone said Prado is injured.   Don’t know if that’s true or not.   Romero is putting up decent numbers in the FCL.  I consider him a prospect of interest.  

You are a more generous grader than I.

235/323/400 at 19 in the FCL is pretty uninteresting, even at short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is Elio Prado even still playing ball?  Noelberth Romero has at least made it stateside.

Safe to say the Cashner deal wasn't about accumulating talent.

Dang - I hope so he's on my fantasy league team 😘.  He may have hit the wall (Prado in Spanish = wall).  But that disappoints me - I thought that was Mike being smarter.  Oh well - win some lose some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bobmc said:

Dang - I hope so he's on my fantasy league team 😘.  He may have hit the wall (Prado in Spanish = wall).  But that disappoints me - I thought that was Mike being smarter.  Oh well - win some lose some.

I'm not faulting Elias for not getting more for Cashner.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fitzi22 said:

Paul Fry, Dillon Tate, Cole Sulser, Tanner Scott were all tradeable pieces Elias elected to hold onto.  With them we almost have the worst record in baseball.  Without them we probably do.  Why hold onto them if we are building the minors?  

They are still cheap and will have value next year. If we are starting to win games they can be part of the core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

They are still cheap and will have value next year. If we are starting to win games they can be part of the core.

They carry more value in a trade when they are cheap or have more years of controllability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Explosivo said:

Baseball America moved us up again. Henderson is now in the top 100.

 

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/08/the-orioles-move-up-to-no-2-in-baseball-america-organization-rankings.html

 

Let’s all give Elias a round of applause on this one. From going near bottom of the pack to no. 2 is nothing short of spectacular. Add in that we don’t have any long term cement shoes of contracts at the club and Elias can really chart his own destination with this team. Amazing job by Elias and this should settle down the “we are going to suck forever” crowd.

 

I'm not going applaud Elias until I see a skill a GM must show that goes above and beyond a Scouting Director.

He was already a good Scouting Director.  Now show me something else.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

2nd in baseball is just silly. Def improved but very top heavy. Too bad they don’t just hand you a championship. Orioles will be in rebuild mode until their is a change in ownership. 

You're the second guy to say top heavy. I think we're still top light. Look at the the guys we've graduated... Akin, Kremer, Zimm can't stay healthy. The real power is still in AA (besides Adley now) Patience.

 

I know I'm in the minority but I think the Bros will spend when it is time to spend. Like Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse, "you be nice... until it is time to NOT be nice."

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, scOtt said:

You're the second guy to say top heavy. I think we're still top light. Look at the the guys we've graduated... Akin, Kremer, Zimm can't stay healthy. The real power is still in AA (besides Adley now) Patience.

 

I know I'm in the minority but I think the Bros will spend when it is time to spend. Like Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse, "you be nice... until it is time to NOT be nice."

If this happenes, I want to see one of the Angelos sons Roadhouse kick Ken Rosenthal. 

 

giphy.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If this happenes, I want to see one of the Angelos sons Roadhouse kick Ken Rosenthal. 

 

giphy.gif

Easy to swap a bow tie in for that dog tag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

2nd in baseball is just silly. Def improved but very top heavy. Too bad they don’t just hand you a championship. Orioles will be in rebuild mode until their is a change in ownership. 

I bet your brain exploded when you learned that Fangraphs has us at number 1.

 

For what it's worth, a top heavy farm system is much more valuable than a moderately balanced one.  You can only field so many players, and the true top prospects like Adley and Grayson are the ones most likely to give your team big production.  Yeah there might be a diamond in the rough somewhere that might surprise you, but by and large the bottom end of the prospect list is filled with role players that might produce 1/10 of what someone like Adley will (hopefully) produce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hallas said:

I bet your brain exploded when you learned that Fangraphs has us at number 1.

 

For what it's worth, a top heavy farm system is much more valuable than a moderately balanced one.  You can only field so many players, and the true top prospects like Adley and Grayson are the ones most likely to give your team big production.  Yeah there might be a diamond in the rough somewhere that might surprise you, but by and large the bottom end of the prospect list is filled with role players that might produce 1/10 of what someone like Adley will (hopefully) produce.

Yep

Let’s put it another way.

Would trade Adley and Grayson for the rest of the Os top 20 prospects?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep

Let’s put it another way.

Would trade Adley and Grayson for the rest of the Os top 20 prospects?

That's actually kind of an interesting question. A 20-player trade where you get 18 of the Orioles' top 20 prospects. I mean... I dunno you'd be getting Kjerstad, DL Hall, Henderson, Westburg, Baumann. But after those guys it really starts to drop off a cliff with guys like Lowther, Diaz, A. Hall, Bradish, etc. 

Obviously I'm leaning "no" here, but a few more studs in the top 20 and it's not nearly the slam dunk it seems like at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep

Let’s put it another way.

Would trade Adley and Grayson for the rest of the Os top 20 prospects?

That's a good thought experiment.

If Hall and Kjerstad were healthy, I'd almost certainly take the bottom 18.

The only thing that even makes me waiver is the fact that Adley seems to be a special prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...