Yardball85

Jones UP!! (Franco DFA)

7 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

I'm not.  He really isn't that good.  Though it is pretty sad, for him, that he was optioned on a team that is awful with no real option at SS. Not a good sign for Richie. 

I agree with that sadly but still want him to play and I am pulling for him!

15 minutes ago, billhatf said:

There's a girl catching for Texas in little league who blocks pitches better than severino.   Pick any catcher in the minors and bring them up. Doesn't have to be Adley. Severino must go.

I like Pedro but it really is bad and for a rebuilding club focused on fundamentals…..makes zero sense. 

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I don't disagree and that might be what we see them do.   As bad as Severino has been on offense, it's doubtful any of the catchers you mentioned would be anywhere near as good in that department.

I have annoyed a lot of people by saying I don’t care about offense from catcher as much as I care about defense. AR can wait. But I would be very happy to bring up our best defender and let him play.

4 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I don't think that's a guarantee.  What's he projected to get in arbitration.  Depends on that amount and how much to replace him with a ML caliber catcher.  They need a catcher until Adley come up and then someone to share time with him.

It'd better be a guarantee.  I don't care if somehow he just stays at the MLB minimum, he's still over paid.   One of the most exciting things about next year for me is to never see Severino in an Os uniform again.

49 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Awful 

I wouldn't shed too many tears.  They were doing Franco a favor by keeping him on the roster this long.  Most teams probably would have DFA'd him back in June.   You can't play 3B and OPS .650 pr whatever he was hitting in the MLB and expect to stay on the roster for very long. 

2 hours ago, forphase1 said:

It'd better be a guarantee.  I don't care if somehow he just stays at the MLB minimum, he's still over paid.   One of the most exciting things about next year for me is to never see Severino in an Os uniform again.

Severino would have to get paid around $2M to $3M by the Orioles to sign him for next year. There's no way he gets tendered when Rutschman is going to takeover as catcher around May or possibly sooner. 

8 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Severino would have to get paid around $2M to $3M by the Orioles to sign him for next year. There's no way he gets tendered when Rutschman is going to takeover as catcher around May or possibly sooner. 

The offseason before we brought up Wieters, we traded Ramon Hernandez and signed Gregg Zaun ($1.5 mm) and Chad Moeller ($800 k).   Then we traded Zaun about 2 months after Wieters arrived.   I agree we’ll look for a cheaper option.

14 hours ago, billhatf said:

There's a girl catching for Texas in little league who blocks pitches better than severino.   Pick any catcher in the minors and bring them up. Doesn't have to be Adley. Severino must go.

Maverick Handley, then the Orioles would probably be the fastest team ever to play.  I think that would make Mountcastle the slowest position player on the team.

15 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I like Pedro but it really is bad and for a rebuilding club focused on fundamentals…..makes zero sense. 

What has given you the impression that this team is focused on fundamentals?