Pickles

Rat in Stands

Did I miss this thread?  How is this possible?

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/local-news/hes-scaling-the-chairs-for-the-rat-fan-catches-rat-with-bare-hands-at-orioles-game

Anyway, a rat was running through the stands during the last Royals game, and a man dressed in Royals gear eventually picked it up by the tail and stuffed it in a box.

We got to do better, man.

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Can it pitch?  

Sorry, knew it was coming, had to get it out of the way.

Also, "We got to do better, man."  Who's we?

I blame Hyde.    Half his fault, and half Hunter Harvey's.

Oh.

And half Lew Ford's.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Can it pitch?  

Sorry, knew it was coming, had to get it out of the way.

Also, "We got to do better, man."  Who's we?

You're telling me it is acceptable to you to watch a crowd full of Baltimoreans- who should know about rat handling better than anybody- being outclassed by some goob from the midwest, whose city surely has far less rats than our own?

Have some civic pride, man!

17 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

I don’t understand the lew Ford comment.

Lew Ford is an OH joke from many years ago.  I believe it started when he was in the minors and tearing the cover off the ball.  But we didn't promote him to the bigs for a long time.  This lead to jokes surrounding how he must be a bad person and it went from there.  I believe that's how it started, though other OH's can correct me if I'm off on that.

23 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You're telling me it is acceptable to you to watch a crowd full of Baltimoreans- who should know about rat handling better than anybody- being outclassed by some goob from the midwest, whose city surely has far less rats than our own?

Have some civic pride, man!

First, I'm not from Baltimore.  So no civic pride argument here.

I'm not sure about the midwest rat population.  

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

First, I'm not from Baltimore.  So no civic pride argument here.

I'm not sure about the midwest rat population.  

I've never been to Kansas City.  I'd stake my life on the fact that it has less rats than Baltimore.

47 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Do  you mean Tell me the Baltimore city has rats? God forbid.  For someone who went to school there for three years, it’s a wonder that the rats don’t take over that stadium. I don’t understand the lew Ford comment.

Lew Ford is an old inside joke here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Oh, absolutely.   The O’s were leading the division by six games when this news broke.   It stung pretty badly to lose Manny in that situation.   As it turns out, the team played well without him for the rest of the regular season.   But we’ll always wonder if he could have made a difference in that KC series, if he’d managed to rehab and return to the field.     Some posters faulted him for not acceding to the team’s wishes.   Not me though.  
    • Win 3 Cy Youngs, 3 World Series and a WS game in 3 decades and you can be as arrogant as you want.   Palmer rules.
    • So trade our best performing position player in order to get prospects that don’t usually pan out… i.e Machado deal  Pass 
    • I think the Orioles wanted Manny for the playoffs.  In a noncompetitive season they may have had a different view.
    • There were some aspects of the Manny knee situation I’d forgotten.   In particular, when Manny shut down and had surgery on the second knee, that wasn’t what the team wanted him to do.   "Our original approach was to have him rest and then to try to play and then see if he could play ball. We also knew there was a chance of a recurrence. Given this injury and the time of the season, we thought that we would rest it and try to recover and come back and play for the rest of the year. But Manny didn't feel that was the best option." (This quote from Duquette was in a post by weams without a link.).   It also seems that Manny had the option of “rest and rehab” with the first knee and opted for surgery.    Here’s a link to the weams post, which is in a very long thread on this topic.   https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17946-manny-machado-expected-to-have-surgery-on-knee-within-a-week/page/35/#comments Anyway, I’d say Manny really did the opposite of what Tatis is doing, i.e., favoring surgery over rest and rehab.    
    • The thing about Adam Is that he comes across as genuine. He’s not one of these arrogant jerks like “well, you remember that I never gave up a grand slam” Palmer who reminds us every single chance he gets, and shares memories like a king distributes largesse. Adam is just a guy telling stories. I wonder how he’d be as a broadcaster?
  • Popular Contributors