SteveA

Wednesday, September 15: John Means vs the Evil Empire

10 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I would love to contribute in keeping them out of the playoffs. 

Not at the expense of us getting the 1st overall pick. The only thing we can take solace out of this is it helped us get that pick. Still sucks blowing a game to the Yankees and their obnoxious fans.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Not at the expense of us getting the 1st overall pick. The only thing we can take solace out of this is it helped us get that pick. Still sucks blowing a game to the Yankees and their obnoxious fans.

After the bloop hit when there was 2nd and 3rd 1 out, they chanted "Let's go Yankees".  Like that bloop was skill and not luck.

1 hour ago, O's84 said:

Yankees don't deserve it, they do not deserve it.  The Baseball Gods don't care.

Give them time. They will not make the playoffs this year. The gods have blessed Boston and the Jays. Because god knows the Mariners aren’t there yet and the A’s are stuck in neutral. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I would not say just fine. The big market teams have an easier path. Tampa is not always competitive, they won 68 games in 2016 and below .500 every year 2014-2017. They were a doormat from 98-07. Yes, it is possible for small markets to succeed but I think it is a lot more difficult than sports with salary caps.
    • The problem with baseball is that there is no activity on the bases. Any idiot watching the replay of a home run knows how boring it is. Most of the time you can’t even find the ball in the view screen, you just see a camera panning in an arc across the crowd, A runner stoically trotting around the bases, and a pitcher with an inscrutable look on his face. Then 15 seconds of high-fives,the new batter takes the plate and it repeats. The goal of a baseball game is excitement, and there is none. I mean there’s some, and as old-school as I am, I am excited by every single pitch, but everything organizations due to present the game is stupid. I’ve complained about in-game interviews that take place over the gameplay, on the grounds that the assumption is that talking with some old baseball celebrity is more important than the next pitch. Well if that is true, why bother watching? The announcers are boring, they don’t talk intelligently and they don’t talk well, which are two different things. The field cameras are so badly arranged that you watch a pitch to the plate, then you watch a hit, and then you miss important field activity while the camera angle switches. In one of the final season Tampa games, A runner on third stole home and we didn’t even see the play, Because the camera was on the pitcher.  In the famous final playoff game five of last year’s World Series, where several consecutive errors by the dodger Defense allowed Arozarena to come all the way around and score, we never saw the whole play because the camera angle kept switching. Even the replays never showed a field view so a viewer could the entire play without camera-switching. We need to have much more activity on the bases, but it would be so much more exciting if we could actually SEE everything happening. That’s such a simple problem and it’s so easy to fix, the only reason it isn’t is because there’s no insight, there’s no awareness of what is being presented or how.
    • Very nice write-up, Tony.   I agree Rutschman may not hit for average as much as we like.   At the same time, the power I saw was tremendous.   I saw video of maybe 18 or 20 of his 23 homers, and there wasn’t a wall-scraper in the bunch.   Many were tremendous blasts.   Playing in OPACY, I think he’s a 35+ homer guy in his prime.    Even though the team probably won’t be very good in 2022, just watching Rutschman develop and the impact he has on the team will be reason enough to watch.     
    • Teams have largely stayed away from him.  They talked yesterday that Averett is the most targeted corner in the league and outside of the Colts game, he has played well. (Heading into the Colts game, he had the best passer rating against in the league) However, Humphrey has been beaten on some big plays for sure.  I can’t say that I’m concerned about him but for the money he is making, they need him to make more plays.  That’s really what it boils down to.     Guys are going to have bad games and get lit up.  It happens and to Marlon’s credit, he owns up to it.  But they need him to plays and sometimes, it’s just the simple one.  He loves to go for the punch to knock out the ball but he hasn’t done it once this year but yet he keeps going for it. Teams have scouted him and are protecting the ball better. He sometimes goes for that instead of making the tackle.  That needs to stop.
    • Toney, are you doing this by yourself or did you find somebody to do it with you? It’s a real hard task to do alone, not least because there’s nobody to argue with while preparing the list. Im interested in how Kjesteds illness affects his placement, but even I have confidence in the first 5-6 guys.
    • Yea the offense was actually a lot worse than the defense imo. A real big problem for the Ravens this year has been how bad they are on 3rd down. I would like to know their first and second down stats.  They have dominated second down offensively since Lamar became the full time starter.  It seems like they have a lot longer 3rd downs than in years past and that’s hurting them.
  • Popular Contributors