Jump to content
SteveA

Sat Sept 18: Orioles at Red Sox

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

I understand, but it’s not my point. McKenna was inserted to the DH spot and he’s not a huge upgrade offensively.

Obviously the move was made because the Red Sox had a LH pitcher, and Stewart is poor vs RH.  Of course the Six brought in a right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteveA said:

Obviously the move was made because the Red Sox had a LH pitcher, and Stewart is poor vs RH.  Of course the Six brought in a right.

But that’s predictable and it still doesn’t address my point of being able to use McKenna’s best strength late in a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Il BuonO said:

I understand, but it’s not my point. McKenna was inserted to the DH spot and he’s not a huge upgrade offensively.

I hear ya, but I think that was an important situation - with 2 runners on and 1 out in a tie game.  Granted, McKenna's certainly not a great hitter.  We have Hayes in LF and Mullins in CF, so McKenna would probably come in in RF - where he doesn't have a great arm.  I suppose they could move Hays to RF, but do you really want to move him around at the end of a game?      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ruzious said:

I hear ya, but I think that was an important situation - with 2 runners on and 1 out in a tie game.  Granted, McKenna's certainly not a great hitter.  We have Hayes in LF and Mullins in CF, so McKenna would probably come in in RF - where he doesn't have a great arm.  I suppose they could move Hays to RF, but do you really want to move him around at the end of a game?      

LF at Fenway to replace Santander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

I hear ya, but I think that was an important situation - with 2 runners on and 1 out in a tie game.  Granted, McKenna's certainly not a great hitter.  We have Hayes in LF and Mullins in CF, so McKenna would probably come in in RF - where he doesn't have a great arm.  I suppose they could move Hays to RF, but do you really want to move him around at the end of a game?      

It’s probably moot by the time they get to the 7th and are blown out, but I’d like the option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

But that’s predictable and it still doesn’t address my point of being able to use McKenna’s best strength late in a game.

Need to get a lead before you worry about late inning defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteveA said:

Obviously Mancini would have been a better option than McKenna.  Guess he's not available at all.

And that would have made perfect sense, but it’s also early  with runners at 1st and 2nd, not 2nd and 3rd with a guy who’s also struggled to hit ML pitching this year. 
 

The move by the Red Sox should have been foreseen and the upgrade is questionable at best in that situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...