RZNJ

2022 Organizational Rosters

I meant to put this in the minors section last time.   Here are some guesses what things will look like from AAA down with a majors roster thrown in.

Baltimore                    Norfolk               Bowie               Aberdeen            Delmarva               GCLB                GCLO

1B   Mountcastle           Nevin                 Mundy              Teter                    Higgins                  Cruz                  Mordan
2B   Urias                       Vavra                Ortiz                  Norby                  Servideo                Romero             Pena
SS   Mateo                    Grenier              Westburg          Hernaiz                Burns                     DeLeon             Hernandez    
3B   Gutierrez               Dorrian              Henderson         Mayo                   Ramirez                 DeLosantos      Bencosme
C    Severino                Rutschman        Rodriguez         Handley               Pavalony                 Willems             Basallo      
LF   Hays                      Neustrom          Cespedes         Williams                Trimble                   Acevedo           Cotorreal
CF   Mullins                 Jones                 Watson              Cowser                 Deson                     Prado               Lara
RF   Santander            Stowers             Sparks               Haskins                Rhodes                   Gonzalez          Feliciano 
DH   Mancini               Diaz                    Dashbach          Bowens               Kjerstad                   Bellony             Rolle              

IF   Valaika                    Cullen           Graffanino             Hall                     Martinez               
OF   McKenna               Rizer            Fontana                 Cook                   Craig
C    Wynns                                                                       Ogren                 Mantecon                        

SP   Means                Rodriguez         Hall                      Pinto                   Tavera                      Rangel              Vazquez
SP   Ellis                     Bradish             Brnovich             Young                  Heid                         Ortiz                  Morillo
SP   Zimmerman        Kremer             Rom                     Peek                    Van Loon                 Chace               Sanchez
SP   Aikin                   Baumann          Knight                 Denoyer               Armbruester            Beriguette
SP   A.Wells               Peralta             Stallings              McLarty                Grady                      Cruz      

RP   Lowther                         
RP   Kriske                Smith                                                                                              
RP   Greene              Sedlock                                                                      Long                   
RP   Fry                     Lebron           Gillispie                                  
RP   J.Lopez             Almengo        Perkins                 Moore                     Del Rosario
RP   T.Wells              Burdi              Feliz                      Farmer                    Pham
RP   Scott                 Vespi             Klimek                                                                                    Lacle
RP   Sulser               Bautista         McGuiness            Strowd                   Gillies                       Duncan 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing!

By May I am hopeful the Top 3 Norfolk starters there displace Ellis, Kriske and Greene.   The other pitchers in your BAL column I don't begrudge them their tryouts.   There was some tandem starting in the high minors this year and for what 2022 is I think that makes sense for the 8 bulk guys for the old school SP 3-5 roles behind Means and Grayson.   That basket, Tyler Wells based on this year maybe most potential to break out of once or twice through the order shackles eventually.

With alternating this week, I don't feel like the club has picked a SS candidate between the thoroughbreds yet, but am curious to see in early 2022 if the club thinks either of them can do it everyday.

Michael Baumann another bulk guy candidate, though I feel like jury is still out on if he has successfully whistled past the surgery graveyard with whatever happened to his arm last summer.   It is a little bit hard to imagine him having had the Bowie success in late 2019 that he did with the stuff we are seeing now.

Nice list @RZNJ .  It would be real hard to hold Watson back from AAA. Jones can find ABs in a Util role. Players need to produce or get passed over. Watson just went 20/20. 

Also, please don’t include the MLB team. 😂. It’s too depressing. I come to this board to get away from that. 

Watson could go either way.  Nice season but the walk/strikeout numbers indicate an area he might be better off working on at a level that he has some sort of comfort zone.

Good list.  All pretty reasonable, but I like Watson in Triple A as well.  Robert Neustrom could break with the big league club with a good spring as a fourth OF/DH/platoon lefty.  He'll be 25 when the season starts.  The DJ Stewart experiment needs to end. 

Nice post! I like playing around with this stuff as well. A few disagreements:

I'd leave Hernaiz in Delmarva to start. He's still young and didn't hit that well this year (.691 OPS).

Servideo should start in Aberdeen despite missing time this year. He hit well in his limited PAs there and he'll be 23 on OD.

I don't see much point in starting DL Hall at AA. He dominated there (though in only 30 IP) and he'll be on the 40-man. I'd put him in Norfolk with Grayson.

Just now, luismatos4prez said:

Nice post! I like playing around with this stuff as well. A few disagreements:

I'd leave Hernaiz in Delmarva to start. He's still young and didn't hit that well this year (.691 OPS).

Servideo should start in Aberdeen despite missing time this year. He hit well in his limited PAs there and he'll be 23 on OD.

I don't see much point in starting DL Hall at AA. He dominated there (though in only 30 IP) and he'll be on the 40-man. I'd put him in Norfolk with Grayson.

Servideo only had 92 PA at Delmarva.  He also struck out 26 times.   His OPS of .801 is inflated by a great walk rate.   He might be pushed up because his age compared to Hernaiz but I think Hernaiz makes the most sense from a straight accomplishment perspective.   Hernaiz had 410 PA's at Delmarva this year.   He only struck out 70 times.  While his OPS was 690 compared to 801 for Servideo the difference is entirely in the OBP.  Hernaiz hit .333/.358/.690.   Servideo .489/.311/.801.

Hernaiz slugged better and struck out less.  Servideo was great at taking a walk.

I'd reward Hernaiz for a full season at Delmarva in which her survived and progressed.   Actually, a very solid season for a player who just turned 20 on August 3.   What the Orioles will do, I have no idea but I thought Servideo returning to Delmarva made the most sense.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Good list.  All pretty reasonable, but I like Watson in Triple A as well.  Robert Neustrom could break with the big league club with a good spring as a fourth OF/DH/platoon lefty.  He'll be 25 when the season starts.  The DJ Stewart experiment needs to end. 

Neustrom in AAA (age 24, 54 games): .245/.343/.457, 23.9% K rate 

Stewart in AAA (age 24-25, 179 games): .255/.353/.444, 20.0% K rate

Neustrom in AA (age 24, 62 games): .284/.364/.467, 16.9% K rate

Stewart in AA (age 23, 126 games): .279/.381/.485, 15.9% K rate   

Pretty similar.   Neustrom has significantly less time at each level than Stewart.  I think Neustrom may have a better glove, though I think Tony has said he’s pretty pedestrian out there.   

Good starting point.  Although, you never know what off season moves will be made.  For example, I really don't want Severino back, but who knows what the team thinks.  With the likelihood that Rutschman will be up within a few weeks, Severino is an unnecessary expense and use of an off-season 40 man roster spot.  We could sign a veteran free agent pitcher or third baseman, and that could change things slightly.  But going with what we have right now is really all you can do and I think you did pretty well.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Servideo only had 92 PA at Delmarva.  He also struck out 26 times.   His OPS of .801 is inflated by a great walk rate.   He might be pushed up because his age compared to Hernaiz but I think Hernaiz makes the most sense from a straight accomplishment perspective.   Hernaiz had 410 PA's at Delmarva this year.   He only struck out 70 times.  While his OPS was 690 compared to 801 for Servideo the difference is entirely in the OBP.  Hernaiz hit .333/.358/.690.   Servideo .489/.311/.801.

Hernaiz slugged better and struck out less.  Servideo was great at taking a walk.

I'd reward Hernaiz for a full season at Delmarva in which her survived and progressed.   Actually, a very solid season for a player who just turned 20 on August 3.   What the Orioles will do, I have no idea but I thought Servideo returning to Delmarva made the most sense.

Servideo will be 23 on OD. That's really old for Delmarva. It's time for him to be pushed rather than play it conservative.

Hernaiz will be 20. Spending a few months in Delmarva and a few months in Aberdeen is very reasonable for a 20 year old. Especially given that he was a below average hitter in Delmarva this year.

9 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

Servideo will be 23 on OD. That's really old for Delmarva. It's time for him to be pushed rather than play it conservative.

Hernaiz will be 20. Spending a few months in Delmarva and a few months in Aberdeen is very reasonable for a 20 year old. Especially given that he was a below average hitter in Delmarva this year.

I agree that Servideo might be pushed over Hernaiz because of age.  You call Hernaiz a below average hitter at that level but he did almost everything better than Servideo other than walk a lot.  Servideo didn't hit and showed zero power.  I hope Servideo develops.  I would return him to Delmarva and look to promote him quickly if he looks good.