Frobby

Prayers for David Hess

So, so sorry to hear of this. Seeing this after reading the discussion of the new Athletic article (and reading that) in that the thread about Mancini's mid-season 2021 scare. Wishing him every good outcome possible for this development. Love to him and his loved ones as he works and fights through this. 

• Like 1

One of my daughters lives in the small Tenn. town of Tullahoma,  where Hess comes from.   Only town named that in the country.   People there are rallying around the circled  wagons in preparation for battle against Cancer.  Asking for prayers and more prayers to beat this evil invader.  God bless you and yours, David,  people you do not know are praying for your health every day.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I’d like to get Emerson Hancock from Seattle
    • A package from the Phils that starts with Stott and Painter/Crouse looks great to me. MLB has Stott near the bottom of the top 100. If you could get Jung and Winn from Texas as a starter that would be hard to beat.
    • I’m not sure what the Cardinals do that is different from what the Rays do, but the rays are successful in a much tougher division. Regardless, we can look back on decisions that were objectively stupid even at the time, and we can also look back on some incredibly unfortunate decisions that hurt us. I continually harp on the basic things that we could do that we need to do that could keep us stable without ever needing any kind of a rebuild. 
    • I would rather have Lopez and Meyer than Sixto.  Coming off an injury is worrisome to me. Jazz?  Maybe but I think they want to keep him.  Their depth is in young arms and it appears that’s what they will trade out of.
    • Yep.  The Cardinals really are the team that a team like the Orioles should strive to follow.  It's amazing that we have the "try and be like the Rays" crowd so strong in here. 
    • Well this is where the horse trading comes in, you don’t make a trade unless you win. The idea about “win-win” is splendid but nobody trades unless they think they get more than they gave, Unless it’s a dump, and we want to avoid dumps. So I want Mike to sit down at a table with a GM, any GM, but Preferably one who has a reputation for trading stupid, and I want him to come away from that table with every shiny toy in the other guys toy box, or I want him to walk away with no deal. So I don’t want to trade them either, unless it is for “the farm.”
    • Any team with a meddlesome owner is going to have some issues, but continued success with the conditions in Baltimore is definitely possible. Don’t devote too much money to one player, plan ahead, trade everyone at peak value, keep the acquisition net wide and the pipeline fully stocked.
  • Popular Contributors