Frobby

Prayers for David Hess

So, so sorry to hear of this. Seeing this after reading the discussion of the new Athletic article (and reading that) in that the thread about Mancini's mid-season 2021 scare. Wishing him every good outcome possible for this development. Love to him and his loved ones as he works and fights through this. 

• Like 1

One of my daughters lives in the small Tenn. town of Tullahoma,  where Hess comes from.   Only town named that in the country.   People there are rallying around the circled  wagons in preparation for battle against Cancer.  Asking for prayers and more prayers to beat this evil invader.  God bless you and yours, David,  people you do not know are praying for your health every day.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• He only pitched 31 innings. How impressive could he be. I’d say this was another lost season for Hall. 
    • I think it’s the right move. He excelled in this role until late in the season. They tried to force Lopez into being a SP for so long until they finally realized what he does best. But, that may have been more out of necessity. 
    • All good points.  I guess we will see.
    • I think he starts at Aberdeen as well but that's a poor move.  He has no business being in A ball at his age if he is as advanced as they have let us to believe.  He's going to go to Aberdeen and struggle to hit for power and have a good BA and OBP.  He will basically be the same player we saw in Delmarva playing against similar competition (i.e., the guys he faced in low A will not be in high A).  Just put him in Bowie and let him go.  Keep him there for the first half of the season and see what happens next.
    • The O's have Henderson, Westburg, Norby, Ortiz and Hernaiz in the middle infield. Vavra in theory too. Mullins, Hays, Santander, Stowers, Neustrom, Cowser, Kjerstad and some of the recent draftees in the OF.  You can see where the trades are going to come from. Some real talent here. As to your point, yes, Norby can hit. He's a hell of a prospect who shouldn't fall far down Tony's list. Notice that in the last power rankings he's above Westburg. People are sleeping on this kid a bit. They shouldn't.
    • I think they know right now that Baumann is likely to be a reliever but that they will try him as a starter. You are ignoring too many things though: 1) They cut back on Wells' innings.  He was pitching multiple innings early on but they made him a 1 inning guy.  That isn't really an indication that they are going to extend him the next year. 2) He hasn't pitched starter innings since 2018.  That's a long time ago.   3) Baumann, coming off an elbow injury, was still kept as a starter and was Brought up to the majors to start.  They didn't put him in the pen.  They didn't reduce his innings as the year went on.   These are all signs that point to Wells as a reliever being close to set in stone.  I agree that he should be given a chance to start but the obviously the Os feel differently.  I mean, there is literally not one shred of evidence out there that says the O's believe in him as a starter.
    • If he develops into a guy who can play a good LF, hit lots of line drives in the gaps, get on base and run well then he doesn’t really need to hit a lot of home runs to be a success. Sounds like a future 1/2 hitter to me. Let Mayo drive him in 
  • Popular Contributors