Philip

Joe Posnanski Posts

https://joeposnanski.substack.com/p/baseball-76-ferguson-jenkins

I wanted to read up on Fergie Jenkins, and found this.

THIS guy is a Writer. I am usually down on the guys who cover the Orioles because frankly they’re neither very good writers nor very insightful. It takes a real artistic talent to be able to share facts, and opinion, and do so beautifully; To write in such a way that the writing itself is appealing more than the information that is being shared. Joe and I disagree on a lot of things that are taking place in society today, and neither of us is losing any sleep about that fact. But I read him with great pleasure because he’s such a good writer, and when I disagree with him( which is always when it comes to politics, which he constantly shares) I still appreciate how he is expressing his disagreeable opinions.

I shared an interview with Eric Nadel In hopes our own broadcast crew would listen and learn, and they did not. I share this hoping that the guys who write for the Orioles will read and learn.

But I also share because it is brilliant and because I think everybody reads it and will enjoy it.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's the best sportswriter out there, IMO. 

Of course @Can_of_cornhasn't heard of him because CoC doesn't pay attention to good things.  Look at his music taste, for example.

Since we are talking about Posnanski and taste in music, check out the back and forth from this thread.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Since we are talking about Posnanski and taste in music, check out the back and forth from this thread.

Any answer that doesn't involve Hetfield and Ulrich is unnacceptable.

I'm kidding.

Or am I? 

This thread is a good one from the archives.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Any answer that doesn't involve Hetfield and Ulrich is unnacceptable.

I'm kidding.

Or am I? 

This thread is a good one from the archives.

I was just jamming out to St. Anger and Lulu, they were truly at the top of their game for that pair of classics.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was just jamming out to St. Anger and Lulu, they were truly at the top of their game for that pair of classics.

You didn't have to type that one in green. CoC!  Why don't you put on Ride the Lightning and suck it.  

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You didn't have to type that one in green. CoC!  Why don't you put on Ride the Lightning and suck it.  

Mostly been doing podcasts recently.

Was on a NEU! kick the other day.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• For me its pitch development and the fact the O's need starters.    Whoever shows up to camp healthy and has command of of three pitches has a chance to be in the rotation.   That includes Tyler, Baumann, Akin, Ellis, Zimmermann, Bradish and Alex Wells compete for the 4th and 5th starter.    Means has a spot.  Grayson will be the best starter in camp but they may give him a month at AAA before bringing him up.  I think they will add a FA starter.  Whoever doesn't make it will compete for the pen or go to AAA to be the next man up.
    • Madness to take him out of a role he excels in. 
    • Ortiz could be the SS of the future if that start last year was real. I don't know enough about his profile to actually predict that, and Tony had him way lower than I'd expect in the rankings, but he was putting on a show for a while there. If Ortiz is THAT good, now you're figuring out who to trade or who to move to CoF. Again, then you're figuring out who to trade because of the OF prospects. Bottom line...there's a way to bring in pitching. lol
    • Agreed on all points.  I brought Norby up because I hadn't heard his name mentioned in a long time.  Notice, the most recent post in this thread before mine was September 9th.  Same thing with Ortiz, btw - I don't think he's talked about very much and could be an important part of the rebuild.  Westburg gets talked about quite a lot - as he should be.    
    • And I never meant to imply that they were comparable to Greinke.  I only meant what I said - that I'd prefer an inexperienced hard-thrower like Strider to an experienced player who can't get people out.    
    • Though I think he starts a Aberdeen I think he could move up fast.   Maybe after two months.  I expect  Cowser to add muscle to his frame this off season.  I don't think age has much to do with it.  He will play next season at 22.  And he could end the season at AAA.
    • Both got through this season. That's a big step. Now they can work on strength and conditioning and prepare normally (and strategically) for the season. I think you find the role these guys can have success with and you build onto it over time. I still think they're both a full healthy season away from taking off the kid gloves and let them really push things. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now