Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #1 prospect?

Who is the Orioles 2021 #1 prospect?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #1 prospect?

• Grayson Rodriguez
    • Adley Rutschman

This poll is closed to new votes

42 minutes ago, Ripken said:

I know who the #2 prospect is...

1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #1 prospect?

• Grayson Rodriguez       2
    • Adley Rutschman         18

Maybe.. You never know! I've been known to use psychological operations in my options. ;)

• Upvote 1

Check our what Tony said here.   It’s a close call.

I’m going with Adley because he transitioned to AAA after this thread was created and didn’t miss a beat.  But for me, it’s more like 1 and 1A than a clear cut 1 and 2.

I am as enthusiastic about Adley as anyone, and I agree that a position player has more daily impact than even the best pitcher, But the rarity of impact pitching, and our desperate need for anybody who can throw well, tipped the scales in his favor for me, and I see that three other people have also voted for Rodriguez, so I’m not the only one.

By the way, I know that once or twice a year, Toney and whoever has replaced Luke present us with the top 30 prospects, bit by bit. I was thinking it might be very interesting to go backwards. Instead of going from 1 to 30, why not go from 30 to 1? Everybody knows who the first floor guys are anyway, probably the first six, depending on where you want to put Heston(For me he has to get on a field, first.)

But the back 12 or so guys, those are some really interesting possibilities, so it just might be fun to consider going in reverse order.

Grayson is a great prospect and if he was going 6+ innings on a semi regular or regular basis (and still putting up dominant numbers) this past year, I think he really would have a chance to be ahead of Adley.  

But I don’t think his case is nearly strong enough.  Adley shouldn’t be ranked the #1 prospect in baseball imo but he is the #1 prospect on 29 teams, including the Os.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Unless you are a doctor or can cite any studies ruling out any long term effect of chemo on high level athletes I would say that question is not settled at all. We know that he was able to come back and put up a 1 WAR season at the low end of his career floor/ceiling, nothing more. 
    • So most of the post mortem in this thread is talking about the Humphrey injury, the defense giving up points late, Lamar struggling.  ALL true. But there's not a single word about the fact that this game was lost at the line of scrimmage.   They had 7 sacks, about 15 QB hurries.    I'm not making excuses for Lamar, he has made some terrible throws and decisions.   But we are getting destroyed up front and he is under constant pressure.   Chris Wormley had more sacks for Pittsburgh yesterday than he did in his entire Raven career. You can't talk about this game for 9 pages without at least mentioning the fact that the biggest factor is that we can't create a pocket for our QB.  
    • Fair enough.   But that information doesn't speak to things such as age and overall health.  Mancini, I'm assuming, would be in the 99th percentile for someone who's overall health would help him in a fight against cancer.   55+ and overweight?  Yes, I'd believe those numbers.  But for someone who's in 29 and excellent physical condition to start with, I think Mancini's odds are better.  
    • I have a lot of experience with loved ones having cancer.   Once it gets to the lymph system it is very dangerous and unpredictable.  Here is what a quick search on the  internet says: Stage III colon cancers have spread to nearby lymph nodes, but they have not yet spread to other parts of the body. Surgery to remove the section of the colon with the cancer (partial colectomy) along with nearby lymph nodes, followed by adjuvant chemo is the standard treatment for this stage. A stage III colon cancer has about a 40 percent chance of cure. What Frobby has done twice is ignore Trey's cancer.  I don't think any GM can do that.
    • Losing Humphrey might be one too many injuries to overcome, but honestly, I thought he took a step back this year. He's looked a step slow most of the year and we all know he's not a play maker when it comes to interceptions. Still, he was the guy they really could not afford to lose due to the thin amount of talent at corner this year for the Ravens after all the injuries.
    • I'm not a fan of Termarr's body type.  I think his bat would have to be pretty incredible to be considered for the first pick.  
    • Tony Lombardi at RSR is on point in his wrap of yesterday's game.  https://russellstreetreport.com/2021/12/06/the-good-bad-ugly-and-the-megan-fox/sacked/ Harbaugh brought up a good point about going over zero and blitzing too much ("going to the well one too many times") and that's a good point. When you look at the Diontae Johnson 29 yard  TD reception, it was a simple rub crossing play but with no safety out there, it was a simple run and catch. What in the world Brandon Stephens was doing on this play is beyond me. Also, why blitz a QB that has traditionally been very good against the blitz?  
  • Popular Contributors