Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #4 prospect?

Who is the Orioles 2021 #4 prospect?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #4 prospect?

• Colton Cowser - OF
    • D.L. Hall - LHP
    • Gunnar Henderson - SS
    • Heston Kjerstad - OF
    • Kyle Stowers - RF

This poll is closed to new votes

It's Cowser, IMO, and those are 5 good players on that list.

I'm thinking Markakis at the plate. Better range, less arm, in the outfield. Low risk, but pretty high upside player with high probability to start for Baltimore relatively soon and for a long time.

He's here because his upside is comparable to the other guys but he has less risk. In fact, I'd wager that Tony's rankings of Henderson, Hall and Stowers will depend on how he views their risk as much as their upside, with Stowers' upside a tick behind the other two and thus probably the last of them to show on the list, IMO. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’d like to see Westburg show up as an option. I have him comfortably ahead of Kjerstad and Stowers. 

I'm predicting Tony has Stowers above Westburg. We'll see.

Since I picked Hall at 3 despite my reservations about his injuries, I’ll stick with him here even though I’m 90% sure Tony will go with Cowser or Henderson, both of whom present much less injury risk.   I’m really happy to have such excellent choices at 4-6.    I think Kjerstad and Stowers will be 7-8.   

I have Hall at 4 in my list, but I think it'll be Cowser here so that was my guess. I think the injuries bump Hall down and I seem to recall reading Tony express concern he may end up in the pen. Those two points are enough to keep him out of the 4 spot and probably out of the top-5. 

17 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m doing some serious research before voting. ATM, I have Westburg over Gunnar, but haven’t decided on this choice yet. 

I’m a big Westburg fan, but that’s silly. 

The only 2 people here that, imo, have a chance to be #4 are Cowser and Henderson.

I went with Cowser but I think it’s a toss up.  If I were to say, which player would I rather have, I’m really not sure because of Henderson’s defense.  Where does he end up?  That’s my issue.  

8 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’m a big Westburg fan, but that’s silly. 

“Westburg is ahead of Gunnar, having had  130 PA in AA compared to Gunnar’s 17.   Westburg also had the stronger performance at all three levels.  

I think both players start next year back in AA, but Westburg could move quickly to AAA after 1-2 months if he has a good start at Bowie.  Henderson I think will spend most of the year in AA but could spend the last 1/3 season in AAA if things go well.”

I was surprised too, given the enthusiasm about Gunnar.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

“Westburg is ahead of Gunnar, having had  130 PA in AA compared to Gunnar’s 17.   Westburg also had the stronger performance at all three levels.  

I think both players start next year back in AA, but Westburg could move quickly to AAA after 1-2 months if he has a good start at Bowie.  Henderson I think will spend most of the year in AA but could spend the last 1/3 season in AAA if things go well.”

You do know what he means there when he says “he’s ahead” right?

I'm pretty sure Tony has Cowser here.

I'd go with Hall (but I would've went with Hall at 3 as well).

I felt pretty confident that Tony's top 4 was Rutschman / Rodriguez / Mayo / Cowser.  I'm a little less certain after that.

21 minutes ago, Philip said:

Gunnar: Age 20-120 days

Westburg: Age 22-251 days

• Upvote 3