dabirds

Eric Cross top 15 prospects

https://www.fantraxhq.com/baltimore-orioles-2022-dynasty-notes-top-prospects/

This is in relation to fantasy baseball, but Eric is somebody I rely on alot in dynasty leagues.  Plus there are some good insights, so I thought I would share.

On the mlb team, he is not sold on Mullins or Mountcastles power.

Here is the list:

1 Adley Rutschman C 23.7 AAA 2022
2 Grayson Rodriguez RHP 22 AA 2022
3 Colton Cowser OF 21.7 Lo-A 2023
4 Coby Mayo 3B 19.9 Lo-A 2023
5 Gunnar Henderson SS 20.4 AA 2023
6 DL Hall LHP 23.2 AA 2023
7 Jordan Westburg SS 22.8 AA 2023
8 Heston Kjerstad OF 22.8 N/A 2024
9 Kyle Stowers OF 23.9 AAA 2022
10 Connor Norby 2B/3B 21.5 Lo-A 2024
11 Hudson Haskin OF 22.9 Hi-A 2023
12 Adam Hall SS 22.5 Hi-A 2023
13 Maikol Hernandez SS 18.1 RK 2025
14 Drew Rom LHP 21.9 AA 2022
15 Terrin Vavra 2B/SS 24.5 AA 2022

Very aggressive to expect Coby Mayo to crack the majors in 2023.  2024 is a little more realistic.  Norby, who he has for 2024 could have a better shot at 2023 if the hit tool is as advanced as it's supposed to be. 

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Very aggressive to expect Coby Mayo to crack the majors in 2023.  2024 is a little more realistic.  Norby, who he has for 2024 could have a better shot at 2023 if the hit tool is as advanced as it's supposed to be. 

If Mayo cracks the MLB team by 2023, he's solidified himself as one of the best prospects in baseball. I too believe 2024 is more realistic, but we'll have a better understanding after next season. If he can end up in AA next year that would be a big step.

• Upvote 1

His top 10 is solid..Haskin and Hall ruin 11-15 though.

Mayo in the majors in 2023 is definitely possible.  Reasonably good chance he ends this year in Bowie…and if crushes it in Aberdeen immediately and moves quickly to Bowie, he could be in Norfolk this year.

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Mayo in the majors in 2023 is definitely possible.  Reasonably good chance he ends this year in Bowie…and if crushes it in Aberdeen immediately and moves quickly to Bowie, he could be in Norfolk this year.

It will be interesting to see if the Elias ideal of dominating at every level holds up if the ML team is competitive and needs reinforcements.

My guess is as much as he's slow rolling guys now he'll fast-line others to try and maximize the talent on the roster.

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It will be interesting to see if the Elias ideal of dominating at every level holds up if the ML team is competitive and needs reinforcements.

My guess is as much as he's slow rolling guys now he'll fast-line others to try and maximize the talent on the roster.

That only makes sense.   

I’m not as optimistic on Mayo’s timetable as some.   He may start the year in HiA, but it could be low A.   He only has 125 PA at that level.   Even assuming the former, the odds that he goes from HiA to AA to AAA all in one season at age 20 aren’t that high.   If he gets a substantial number of at bats in AA by the time the year ends, I’d be very pleased with that.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That only makes sense.   

I’m not as optimistic on Mayo’s timetable as some.   He may start the year in HiA, but it could be low A.   He only has 125 PA at that level.   Even assuming the former, the odds that he goes from HiA to AA to AAA all in one season at age 20 aren’t that high.   If he gets a substantial number of at bats in AA by the time the year ends, I’d be very pleased with that.  

I agree.

But plenty of folks here act like what he's been saying is gospel and immutable law.

58 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

All the national guys love Adam Hall for some reason.  Was never able to figure out why??

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I agree.

But plenty of folks here act like what he's been saying is gospel and immutable law.

I don’t look so much at what he says, I just observe what he does.   So far he’s been very conservative on initial placements and, in most cases, slow on promotions.   He did make up for some initial placements with double promotions, though (Stowers, Westburg, Henderson).   Next spring could be interesting with the initial placements of Rom, Westburg, Cowser, Mayo and a few others.  

Put the team in contention at some point and things might get more aggressive though. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

What do people see in Hall?? So weird. Otherwise, a solid list. 

On this fantasy list, sweet sweet stolen bases.

I like fantasy analysts as honest brokers who won't give Club-preferred opinions, but any potential player source of dwindling SB's for roto games is going to get inflated relative to actual good baseball players.