orioles119

Help! Rejected Engagement Ring!

I mean this with the outmost respect for your honesty, but this post just turned this thread into a classic. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry while reading this post, but honestly, it sounds like a great sitcom.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughlol:

I suppose things like diamond rings can seem to be the ultimate in conspicuous consumption...

And clearly some people go way overboard (admittedly by a subjective standard)

Do we need diamond rings to survive? No. Do we need art to survive? Biologically speaking no.

But ever since man swung out of the trees and began walking upright he's been making beautiful things to "feed his spirit."

And while we don't "need" art and music... can you imagine a world without them?

Admittedly I'm a bit conflicted on this... Donald Trump's brand of conspicuous consumption makes me cringe... but I guess it... like beauty... is all in the eye of the beholder.

Very well said!:)

You guys are an embarrassment and should be ashamed. Crack can't be snorted. Posers.

This is what happens when you mix message board dorks and crack related humor.

My wife has been married to me for 25 years...

Cindy, you have a wife?! And for 25 years? I thought you were only 29! :confused::eektf:

Just kidding... but be careful with those HTML tags! :P

I love me a good meal but when it comes to things on the extreme end of the continuum I think a level of social responsibility should trump. Working in a Baltimore City Public School I can't help but think what if 100 people decided to take that 4K and instead provided us the opportunity to have little things like, books, basic supplies, drinkable water, heat in the winter and AC in the summer.
The people who have $4k to spend on luxuries already do pay a ton into public schools and other things through taxes. If you're doing well enough to be able to afford $5K a year in entertainment and/or luxury spending, you're probably dumping a nice chunk of change into the public coffers, in addition to pumping money into the economy by spending it on that entertainment and luxury items.

Agreed, which is why, with very rare exceptions, 50% of every pay check I earn goes towards crack, hookers and sour patch kids.

Pedro - I know I come off as a know-it-all, but you're really creating inefficiencies if you're paying for crack AND hookers. It's not so difficult to find women who will sleep with you simply because you have crack.

The Sour Patch Kids I endorse 100%.

• Upvote 2

Pedro - I know I come off as a know-it-all, but you're really creating inefficiencies if you're paying for crack AND hookers. It's not so difficult to find women who will sleep with you simply because you have crack.

The Sour Patch Kids I endorse 100%.

Yes, but my taste in women is exquisite.

You guys are an embarrassment and should be ashamed. Crack can't be snorted. Posers.
Smoking crack is for pansies. Snorting is the way to go.

Does making someone happy count as a functional purpose? If something brings person joy, pride, whatever - so what?

If killing people brings me joy, so what? Personal joy is and should be trumped by societal need and greater good in certain circumstances.

• Upvote 1

Bluberry

You NEVER take you ring off:eek:;)

Even when you have babies:):clap3:

I take my ring off every day. If I'm inside the house and we're not entertaining guests, that ring is off. It's a paranoia thing, I'm afraid it'll slip off my finger when I'm not doing anything, or slip off in the shower or something.