Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

The Mark Teixeira Watch part II

Boras also stated that all the teams currently involved have made eight year offers, which is clearly not true. Boras will say anything and everything to drive up the price tag. I'm just surprised more teams don't refute some of the crap that comes out of his mouth.

I'm not saying that that part is true, but I'm sure an offer was made. THere wouldn't be reports of Sox making headway, and blah blah blah without an offer being made. Don't know what it was, and maybe it wasn't a 8 year, but i bet it's more than 5/100 or 5/110 whatever that was.

You kid, but if one was to look at usd/yen rates at the moment, this might trump all of the offers.:(:laughlol:

Isn't 100 million yen like one million dollars?

I'm not saying that that part is true, but I'm sure an offer was made. THere wouldn't be reports of Sox making headway, and blah blah blah without an offer being made. Don't know what it was, and maybe it wasn't a 8 year, but i bet it's more than 5/100 or 5/110 whatever that was.

The headway was just because it is Boston IMO. All I have heard today is how they have changed their logo, nothing on Tex.

Well Boston's FO policy is not to comment on ongoing negotiations.

I could flip it back though, who is reporting Boston doesn't have an offer?

I think it's a pretty safe bet that they have an offer in there.

Stirring up the Red Sox involvement keeps this story at the front page of every sports section across the country. Boston's FO policy shmolicy. Who's reporting the Pirates don't have an offer out for Tex?

The headway was just because it is Boston IMO. All I have heard today is how they have changed their logo, nothing on Tex.

Yah Boston.com is less than exciting. At this point i don't care, I just want it to be done, wherever it is. I'm not one for patience

Physically, Severna Park is much closer to Baltimore than Washington.

However, I'm not so sure that the residents of Severna Park identify with Baltimore more than DC.

I was at a Severna Park HS football game a couple of years ago. I saw 2 or 3 curly W caps and a couple of people in Redskins gear and maybe 1 or 2 people in Raven's gear and no Orioles gear.

Just a tiny sampled, totally unscientific observation on my part but I am convinced that much of AA county is not as pro-Baltimore as many would like to believe.

I am from there. People from there don't identify themselves as from D.C. or the D.C. suburbs.

I now live in a D.C. suburb--Rockville--and can tell you that the people here don't really consider themselves so much from Maryland but more from D.C. Just a totally different mindset.

That's great, which is why I prefaced my original post with "I'm guessing." The point that I was trying to establish is that the Red Sox lure to Tex over the Orioles isn't money. Offering the same guaranteed $ per year still puts them in the same position, especially if there's an opt-out after 3 years.

Stirring up the Red Sox involvement keeps this story at the front page of every sports section across the country. Boston's FO policy shmolicy. Who's reporting the Pirates don't have an offer out for Tex?

Right, and I also can't find a paper that says the Japanese teams don't have offers.

The fact is Red Sox seem to be fairly involved with Boras about Teixeira. They have appeared to have numerous conversations. It is absolutely silly to say that an offer hasn't been exchanged.

Several sources saying he is close to signing with Boston? You think they would report that if no offer had been amde?

I believe Belkast but man if we don't sign him I expect some backlash. :eek:
He's only as good as his source, and his source is only as good as what AM choses to tell his staff, which doesn't appear to be much, and in the end, even AM can have incorrect assumptions or be deceived.

It is immeasurably better to get filtered inside info than what we are getting from the media or the official FO.