Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

The Mark Teixeira Watch part II

Whether or not Tex was at the game doesn't seem to change anything in my mind. As much as I would love to think the O's were negotiating with him tonight who is to say he didn't come home for Christmas and went to the biggest game of the year of his favorite team with his family? Personally, with no inside information at all, just from reading the insider's posts on here, I am confident the Orioles will offer and 9 or 10 year deal at 20 mill per. So to me, the Orioles will be sporting a new 1B come spring training, but only time will tell right? Plus, things seem to balance out. So after an overturn call that clearly was NOT clear possibly took away the playoffs for the Ravens, maybe something good for the Orioles is in order:scratchchinhmm:

For those not checking the Tex Watch site I will repeat what 105.7 radio said about 7:40 PM after the game. They confirmed Teixeira was at the game. They didn't say whose suite he was in.

From MLBTradeRumors

"With regards to Mark Teixeira, Rosenthal reports one general manager says there is a lot of bluffing going on right now to get the Red Sox to go higher."

I know we have sources here, but this makes it sound as though the Red Sox have the highest offer on the board. The latest update was from 1 p.m. EST. I am not saying that we did or did not offer a large contract. What I am saying is that it worries me a little that EVERYONE is writing us off. I have not heard a single radio station or sports show personality say "The Orioles are the front runners in my mind". Hell, even the local sports personalities do not think we have a shot.

That worries me much more than ESPN's refusal to notice that we exist.

No, what it means is that Boras is trying to get some team to spend more money and he thinks that maybe if Boston offers more, than the Orioles(or whoever) will offer more.

My guess is Epstein is too smart for stuff like that anyway.

For those not checking the Tex Watch site I will repeat what 105.7 radio said about 7:40 PM after the game. They confirmed Teixeira was at the game. They didn't say whose suite he was in.

I was listening. They said that they had heard from WBAL from an uncomfirmed source that he might have been there.

I think the key info that we are missing is: Was Scott Boras also in attendance?

Whether or not Tex was at the game doesn't seem to change anything in my mind. As much as I would love to think the O's were negotiating with him tonight who is to say he didn't come home for Christmas and went to the biggest game of the year of his favorite team with his family? Personally, with no inside information at all, just from reading the insider's posts on here, I am confident the Orioles will offer and 9 or 10 year deal at 20 mill per. So to me, the Orioles will be sporting a new 1B come spring training, but only time will tell right? Plus, things seem to balance out. So after an overturn call that clearly was NOT clear possibly took away the playoffs for the Ravens, maybe something good for the Orioles is in order:scratchchinhmm:

Why would the Ravens be his favorite team? I'm younger than Tex, and I'm a diehard Eagles fan partially because the Ravens didn't exist when I was growing up. I would guess he's more of a Redskins fan.

Hank actually said he had three people tell him Tex was in the MASN suite, the same place Roch went and didn't see Tex...

Yeah, I just saw Moose's latest post. Interesting, I guess Roch checked the suite before Tex got there and didn't go back in? Otherwise someone is just wrong.

I think the key info that we are missing is: Was Scott Boras also in attendance?

You know, all I really care about is whether Tex is in Baltimore.

Hank said if Tex was on the Ravens sidelines he would see him there but the texts Moose posted said that Tex was there and Hank had 5 people confirm it for him. So I guess Hank didn't see him but others did.

Did he take a picture with his texting machine? That'd be the ultimate evidence. And until we have that 'smoking gun', this is all just swirling rumors that doesn't mean anything really.

Why would the Ravens be his favorite team? I'm younger than Tex, and I'm a diehard Eagles fan partially because the Ravens didn't exist when I was growing up. I would guess he's more of a Redskins fan.

Or maybe he thinks along the lines I follow, in the sense of I didnt follow football until the Ravens moved to Baltimore and I didnt really become more than a fairweather fan until 2000.

Just like I am not big into NHL or NBA because Baltimore doesnt have a team.

The Colts left when I was 9, and I didn't adopt the Redskins. If he's as proud to be from Baltimore as I am, he's probably a Ravens fan.

Why is anyone a liar here? Roch posted he was not in around 5:20ish, has not posted since from what I saw. I'm sure Mark knows a lot of people, in a lot of suites and could have been making the rounds.

Additionally, people need to calm down about what this mean...

Holiday season, Baltimore boy comes home, goes to game. A great game.

Of course he is going to stop by the MASN suite; it's good business, he'd know people and have everyone kissing his ass. Doesn't mean he's going to sign.

Does not hurt either.