Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

The Mark Teixeira Watch part II

Belkast is optimistic. Bigbird is not. A couple of new people with supposed connections are not optimistic, and one said the Nats put out an offer for crazy money this morning. Media says its between BOS and WAS.

Thanks for the update buddy. Honestly I just can't see PGA letting him go to the Nats. So the Sux and the Angels are really my main concern. I swear if PGA can get this done I will never ever say another bad thing about him, not that I do now, but I will also not let any of my disenchanted friends say a bad word about him either!!!!!!

Which is why we want him to be OUR hero in Baltimore!

Sorry about my other posts. I won't derail the thread with that nonsense again.

no problem at all :) I'd have done the same thing

Thanks for the update buddy. Honestly I just can't see PGA letting him go to the Nats. So the Sux and the Angels are really my main concern. I swear if PGA can get this done I will never ever say another bad thing about him, not that I do now, but I will also not let any of my disenchanted friends say a bad word about him either!!!!!!

Yeah, if it comes down to the Orioles and Nationals, and it's a money thing, I can't see Angelos letting himself be outbid and pretty much humiliated by the Nationals. I think he hates them more than he hates asbestos.

Yeah, if it comes down to the Orioles and Nationals, and it's a money thing, I can't see Angelos letting himself be outbid and pretty much humiliated by the Nationals. I think he hates them more than he hates asbestos.

He LOVES asbestos. Its made him a millionaire! :D

Actully, side story, my Granddad worked for Bethlehem Steel, and thus by defacto Mr. Angelos was his lawyer. Maybe that's why I give him the benefit of the doubt a lot of times. My Granddad eventually died due to asbestosis, but Mr. Angelos helped him (and his family) while he was still alive.

When people bash Angelos, I just wish they would focus it on baseball, because he has done a TON of good for the people of Baltimore and for the city of Baltimore.

A player meets with team representatives for 7 hours before signing the biggest contract of his life? Nooooooooooooooo, never?

I'm sure Tex has spent hours talking with Orioles representatives, too. We just choose to believe the negative side of these things because we're accustomed to losing in Baltimore. Honestly, I'm glad he met with the Boston brass for 7+ hours. That way he'll feel that much more satisfied when he signs the dotted line with the Baltimore Orioles.

Playing for a playoff contender might be fun, or getting paid the most money. But at the end of the day he's going to have to ask himself how many times does a player get the chance to wear the uniform of his favorite boyhood team? That'd be equivalent to a blank check, in my opinion.

Actully, side story, my Granddad worked for Bethlehem Steel, and thus by defacto Mr. Angelos was his lawyer. Maybe that's why I give him the benefit of the doubt a lot of times. My Granddad eventually died due to asbestosis, but Mr. Angelos helped him (and his family) while he was still alive.

When people bash Angelos, I just wish they would focus it on baseball, because he has done a TON of good for the people of Baltimore and for the city of Baltimore.

With all due respect, I seriously doubt most lawyers including Angelos looked at the situation as anything but an attempt to make a Brinks truck load of money. You can tell that by the fact of how much they take away from the settlement despite many of the people damaged need it much more than they do.

I only wish he was as good of an owner as he is attorney at law.

With all due respect, I seriously doubt most lawyers including Angelos looked at the situation as anything but an attempt to make a Brinks truck load of money. You can tell that by the fact of how much they take away from the settlement despite many of the people damaged need it much more than they do.

*facepalm*

Don't get me wrong, as I said in my first sentence, asbestos made Angelos a millionaire. BUT, without him the workers in the asbestos industry had no chance of beating the big corporations. And also, while I do not have links to prove this, he has given millions of dollars in charitable contributions BACK to the city of Baltimore. He may not be a Saint, but he sure ain't the devil that every claims him to be.

A player meets with team representatives for 7 hours before signing the biggest contract of his life? Nooooooooooooooo, never?

I'm sure Tex has spent hours talking with Orioles representatives, too. We just choose to believe the negative side of these things because we're accustomed to losing in Baltimore. Honestly, I'm glad he met with the Boston brass for 7+ hours. That way he'll feel that much more satisfied when he signs the dotted line with the Baltimore Orioles.

Playing for a playoff contender might be fun, or getting paid the most money. But at the end of the day he's going to have to ask himself how many times does a player get the chance to wear the uniform of his favorite boyhood team? That'd be equivalent to a blank check, in my opinion.

If Boston had to pitch the guy for 7+ hours it might be a sign that he really does not want to be there. Any Dolt knows Boston is a pretty well run team in recent years and has great resources. Would it take 7 hours to get that point accross to any of us. Anyways Belkest seems to think we get to make our pitch last. I hope he is right.

I could be wrong, but if I am deciding which city to spend the next 10 years of my life, I can see talking to my wife, kids, parents, and brother, in that order. I cannot see calling up my coach from 10 years ago.

By the way, my big brother turned 40 today! Old fart!

Believe it or not I think this is more wide spread than you think. You hear frequently of college football players looking to their high school coaches for guidance on if they should enter the draft or not. I know being in pro ball is a little more separated than college, but I wouldn't doubt that this could be a possibility.

Anyone else think the "TEX SAGA" has become sadly overindulgent? We're down to the begging stage now....so there's not much left except prayer. So do we start singing "Give me that old time religion?"

I'm a big fan of Belkast and his optimism, and I'm still trying ot be optimistic. But if he ends up being wrong, I would like a prescription of those happy pills he must be taking.

Anyone else think the "TEX SAGA" has become sadly overindulgent? We're down to the begging stage now....so there's not much left except prayer. So do we start singing "Give me that old time religion?"

I'm not above begging, sir.