Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

The Mark Teixeira Watch part II

I'm watching The Tom Davis Show on MASN and Tom just told a story about the Orioles drafting Teixeira. He said that Syd Thrift was offered a deal by the Rangers where they would agree not to draft Tex so that the O's could take him, if we agreed to trade them Sidney Ponson in a separate deal. Thrift refused to trade Ponson and the Rangers took Tex. It doesn't seem to me that a deal like that could me made since there's no trading draft picks in MLB, but Davis insisted that the story was legit.

I don't watch him that much, but Tom Davis seems like an honest dude.

Dammit Thrift...

Its not about that. Its about a city coming together and celebrating.

I can see him being there a week after the signing. They're not going to announce the thing at the game. The Orioles wouldn't give up that show.

I can see him being there a week after the signing. They're not going to announce the thing at the game. The Orioles wouldn't give up that show.

Agreed, this will be the biggest signing in O's history. They're not going to announce it at a Ravens game IMO.

Announce at halftime that Tex is an Oriole and that all ticket windows @ OPACY will open @ 7;30 pm. :clap3:

You know, I hear the country is in a huge economic crisis. Hundreds of people were just killed in a terrorist attack in India. And you can't get to sleep thinking about this? Get a grip! The O's will play their games next year with Tex or without him. Go back to bed!

This post rubbed some people the wrong way so I'm going to apologize. It came off a little meaner than I intended. I was just trying to say we should keep this in perspective.

Agreed, this will be the biggest signing in O's history. They're not going to announce it at a Ravens game IMO.

Betcha Boras will announce where Tex is going himself before the winner does.

Two things

1) Don't remember him being a skins fan in high school

2) He's from Severna Park, anne arundel county=majority Ravens fans

Pretty sure the Ravens were not even around when Tex was growing up. He's gotta be a Skins fan.

He could be a Falcons fan, due to GA tech.

Or a PATRIOTS fan. :D God I want to see what this thread (or any incarnation of it such as the Mark Teixeira watch IV) will be discussing in a day or two.

This post rubbed some people the wrong way so I'm going to apologize. It came off a little meaner than I intended. I was just trying to say we should keep this in perspective.

It might have been a little harsh but it was dead on. I blame the internet, it fuels this kind of group hysteria and people just take it too far.

My guess too.

The Ravens didn't exist until he was in HS. By that point, his sports allegiances were probably set.

They didn't exist until I was in eighth grade. Didn't stop me.

No sweat. I probably would have been slightly miffed with it.

I don't sleep because I am in the finance business so, I am immersed in the financial crisis and the potential downfall to my family, which includes 2 small children.

Point is, you're right but, this Teixeira stuff has done well to keep my mind off of the current life happenings. But, that's probably not what keeps anyone up at night.