Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

The Mark Teixeira Watch part II

Hello Bigbird! How ya been? Obviously, I would like for both you and I to be hearing the same information. It sure would make things alot easier for both of us as well as the board. With that said.....I too talked to my guy today and was told AGAIN that we are still very much involved. He thinks it is pretty funny that we are not getting much positive press.

I still am very optimistic!!!!!! Now, I think it is really weak of all the crap that you are getting on here. It comes down to people wanting to hear what they want to hear. You are being treated unfairly. It also cracked me up reading the response that one of us is going to somehow rub it in the others face with the final outcome. I told you so???? Not from me and I can't see you playing that card either. I know you hope I am right just like the rest of the board!

You keep telling us what you are hearing. I have your back as I know that you have mine.

Okay....Enough of the ranting. Oh Btw....Did I tell you guys that Tex will be an Oriole?

Calm down guys that's still me being optimistic. He has NOT signed with us yet!!!!!!

You are my sunshine on a cloudy day. Just like Bob Turk.

Thanks for the update.

Isn't the Steelers vs. Ravens game national on Sunday? We get it on our local affiliate here on the west coast this Sunday. :P

I hope you're right. if I have to watch another 49er or Raider game I think I'll be sick.:rolleyestf:

Hello Bigbird! How ya been? Obviously, I would like for both you and I to be hearing the same information. It sure would make things alot easier for both of us as well as the board. With that said.....I too talked to my guy today and was told AGAIN that we are still very much involved. He thinks it is pretty funny that we are not getting much positive press.

I still am very optimistic!!!!!! Now, I think it is really weak of all the crap that you are getting on here. It comes down to people wanting to hear what they want to hear. You are being treated unfairly. It also cracked me up reading the response that one of us is going to somehow rub it in the others face with the final outcome. I told you so???? Not from me and I can't see you playing that card either. I know you hope I am right just like the rest of the board!

You keep telling us what you are hearing. I have your back as I know that you have mine.

Okay....Enough of the ranting. Oh Btw....Did I tell you guys that Tex will be an Oriole?

Calm down guys that's still me being optimistic. He has NOT signed with us yet!!!!!!

Just one question, are you as optimistic as ever? :)

He thinks it is pretty funny that we are not getting much positive press.
There's a way to fix that. The Angels GM announced that he had an 8 year offer on the table, but didn't give the dollar amount. All that is heard from Baltimore, from unnamed sources, is we might have seven years as our offer. If the source wants more positive press, than be more forthcoming. He doesn't have to tip his hand but he can play it like the Angels did.

There's a way to fix that. The Angels GM announced that he had an 8 year offer on the table, but didn't give the dollar amount. All that is heard from Baltimore, from unnamed sources, is we might have seven years as our offer. If the source wants more positive press, than be more forthcoming. He doesn't have to tip his hand but he can play it like the Angels did.

I didn't say he wanted to fix it!;) Actually I think it is preferred.

IMO (hope I don't get blasted for this too) I think the Angels and Nats showed their cards because they want some positive vibes. Meanwhile, neither the Orioles OR Boston's offers have been made public. To ME (again, just MY opinion) I think the Sox and O's are the real final two here.

IMO (hope I don't get blasted for this too) I think the Angels and Nats showed their cards because they want some positive vibes. Meanwhile, neither the Orioles OR Boston's offers have been made public. To ME (again, just MY opinion) I think the Sox and O's are the real final two here.

I completely agree, it's between us and Boston, IMO.

Do you know if the report of our offer being 7 years 140-150 is still accurate?

It's not! That's very low from what I am hearing.

• Upvote 1

Ahh, the doc's back. Good to hear from ya Belkast. ;)

These last few days seriously remind me of "What about Bob". We're Bob, and poor Belkast is Dr. Leo Marvin. We just won't let the poor guy be.

Hopefully Tex signs with us before he has to hang explosives around our necks! :eek:

Cripes I hate for the O's to be culpable with the other teams in driving up the price of players into mega money as Tex's price is looking like Manny and Arod money. It's irrational. Tex isn't Arod or Manny and I hate dancing with the devil.

But, but...we're in a tight place. And we couldn't give the money to a nicer guy to represent us. Pay the man.

Can you give us a general idea of what the wow offer is, or what the offer on the table is Belkast? How bout at least doing it if he signs elsewhere so we don't totally blame Angelos for not trying.

Yes! Yes! That is what I'm talking about.

If I'm the O's, I'm not sure I don't want this public. I think its imperative that they let the fanbase know that they pulled out all the stops. With the recent history here, and the animosity towards PA, just making an honest to goodness effort could go a long ways to winning over the people.