Sign in to follow this  
Roy Firestone

Now hear this! Now Hear this!

I feel like ESPN is way far behind on this whole situation. That offer was made tuesday and they didn't even break the story until friday.

It definitely seems like it.

Which is why if we sign Tex, I'm going to be watching exclusively ESPN just to see their responses when all we were up until them was a footnote.

I wonder why we haven't seen anything out of Schmuck and Roch on him coming to the game?

This is a good point. I'm wondering if this is a lot of hot air (not disparaging anything Roy or others have said, mind you) blowing around. I wouldn't put it past Boras to get a rumor like this started to try to extort more money from Boston and/or NY.

The only thing that would derail that line of think is that Roy heard this from somebody close to Tex...not Boras.

So, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic! :D

Guest rochester
He could have already been here, with his parents and such being local. With it being the Holidays, you would kind of expect him to be in Baltimore area.

Excellent point but do you think the Christmas visit home with family and friends would include a trip to the stadium with Pete Angelos just to say "Merry Christmas?"

This is a good point. I'm wondering if this is a lot of hot air (not disparaging anything Roy or others have said, mind you) blowing around. I wouldn't put it past Boras to get a rumor like this started to try to extort more money from Boston and/or NY.

The only thing that would derail that line of think is that Roy heard this from somebody close to Tex...not Boras.

So, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic! :D

The only problem with starting a rumor like this is that it's way too easy to vet. If Boras would have started it, I almost guarantee you that it would have been POST game not PRE game. Because if you do it pre, then you get all the people laying in wait to see if it happens. Post, and its a lot easier to "keep it under wraps" so even denials can't really be accepted at face value.

Is there a Ravens message board. I think it would be interesting if there is anything about this on there.

Profootball24x7.com. I do not see anything on there. I will be keeping my eye on Biscotti's box, because I could see Steve lending it out to Peter in a show of cooperation. Biscotti is an O's fan also. I am leaving for the game in about an hour an can not wait for a lot of reasons. I have a feeling that PGA will try to avoid the camera's but the place will be amped up to begin with, and putting Tex and PGA on the board will give Tex an idea on how much Baltimore wants this.

Edited by Mike B

You have to imagine...Trembley will be there...along with either Cal or Palmer.

I mean I hope if he's going to do this thing...he does it right, and goes overboard.

OK...so Tex is going to the game. This is great.

Does that mean a deal is done? It sounds like something could be brewing, but it doesn't mean that Tex is signed yet.

Again, I'm being cautiously optimistic!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I am saying that he is terrible because he has become apathetic. And yes I do believe that, because he appeared to show no effort at all. Remember the famous photo where he’s lazily swinging at the pitch and his eyes are focused somewhere else entirely? and that happened often enough that it’s not unreasonable to think he’s been phoning it in for three years. I may be wrong but observable evidence tilts in one direction. And either way, he doesn’t care, and neither do I. Effort or not, he’s one of history’s worst over the last three years and I’m happy he’s leaving.
    • I think he could be healthy and shutdown. 
    • o   Considering the fact that he is 25 years-old, yes, I think it is. He may wind up pitching 2 or 3 more injury-riddled seasons, he may wind up pitching 5 or 6 more seasons with middle-of-the-road health, or he may wind up pitching 9 or 10 more seasons with those early-career injuries well back in the rear-view mirror. Of those 3 hypothetical situations, I would not be surprised at all if it were the first or the second. I would be at least somewhat surprised if it were the 3rd, but I believe that that supposition is still possible.   o
    • Richard Bleier. Anyone else remember how sad he was to leave? BTW, He led the team in ERA.
    • Is this really a question? He was drafted SEVEN years ago and has 15 MLB innings, mostly due to injuries. If HH lasts to become a FA (2026), it will be a success story for all parties.
    • You are equating performance with actions until you can prove otherwise.
    • o   We all know Hunter Harvey's overall track record in regard to injuries ........ he's had his share, and them some.   That said, in 2019 Harvey went through the season without any major injuries, pitching in 34 games overall ........ 26 games in the Minors (11 of which were starts) and 8 games in the Majors. That was good for 82 Innings Pitched overall. Harvey felt some soreness in his right bicep in early September. He pitched in one more game on September 13th, and the Orioles then decided to shut him down to play it safe.      Hunter Harvey Shut Down, but Future Looks Bright (By Todd Karpovich) https://pressboxonline.com/2019/09/20/orioles-rhp-hunter-harvey-shut-down-but-future-looks-bright/     Just when Oriole fans thought that it was safe not to cover their eyes, it was reported that Harvey was going on the IL with elbow tightness just 2 days before the start of the 2020 season ......         Oriole fans from Brewster, NY to Baltimore and everywhere in between thought to themselves, "Oh no !!! Not again !!!" When the front-office stated that it was minor and that they were not at all concerned about any long-term effects, many Oriole fans thought to themselves, "Yeah, right" But lo and behold, Harvey gradually rested and rehabbed his right arm and began pitching for the Orioles on August 30th ...... and has pitched to the tune of a 2.35 ERA and a 1.043 WHIP over 7.67 Innings Pitched. He has already surpassed his 2019 Major League Innings Pitched total (Harvey pitched 6.33 Innings for the Orioles last year.)   So the question is ...... can the Orioles and their fans stop wincing every time they hear his name, and hope that it is not yet another injury ??? Or is Hunter Harvey destined to be a chronically-injured pitcher ??? o o
  • Popular Contributors