Tony-OH

ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

All we can do is wait....

Anyone have any idea on how this will skew the market if Tex does sign in Baltimore?

No Tex to Boston, so they may stand pat but more than likely will feel the pressure to deal with Texas for a young Catcher to make some sort of a splash.

No Tex to LAA or Bos causes even more problems for LAA. If Tex went to Bos then Lowell would be a viable option to increase the offensive production lost.

No Tex means Dunn is now the primary off season target for the Nats, which is one less bat that is a viable choice for TB.

Just in the AL alone, the Tex signings will reverberate throughout the playoff teams. It instantly hurts LAA and forces Boston to make a move. The only team that really skates on this is NYY.

You guys here forgot to mention this. Tex is a good friend of Matt Wieters. Maybe MW has helped convince Tex to come home. I sure hope to God he has. "Come home Mark". I consider Tex family. He went to Mt. St. Joe. Same high school as myself. We are a family at the mount. Mount men. I have wanted this signing for years and if he signs, I will make the trip from NY to Camden Yards opening day. I'll have tears of pure joy in my eyes. "Git er done".

I was in the same class as Mark at St Joe

I'm assuming this is Teixeira watch part IV. What happended to part III?

Revenge of the Sith:wedge:

Were now onto Part IV "A New Hope"

Coincidence I think not!

• Upvote 2

Shocker of the century, Roch's latest is not nearly as optimistic.

Tex would have to take a home team discount to come home? That's the opposite of what we've been hearing from our insiders.

If Teix has the cajones to be the Boras client who takes less money after seemingly being what seemed like a true believer he'll instantly become one of my favorite players.

Revenge of the Sith:wedge:

Ironically enough Part IV is "A New Hope"

That's gotta be a good sign for O's fans!

Ugghh, I don't think I can make it to Part VI: Return of the Bird. Also, Part V: "The Evil Empires Strike Back", is sure to be a doozy.

This whole thing doesnt pass the smell test. Why would Tex come out and say that the O's and Nats are still in it. Makes no sense if he is close to signing with the O's

That's the one thing that scares me. If he said he is "attracted" to the Orioles- either he's coming here- or in a total dip move- he's using us to push the price again from the "contenders." I can't see him doing that to Baltimore though, I really can't. I'm feeling confident.

You guys here forgot to mention this. Tex is a good friend of Matt Wieters. Maybe MW has helped convince Tex to come home. I sure hope to God he has. "Come home Mark". I consider Tex family. He went to Mt. St. Joe. Same high school as myself. We are a family at the mount. Mount men. I have wanted this signing for years and if he signs, I will make the trip from NY to Camden Yards opening day. I'll have tears of pure joy in my eyes. "Git er done".

St. Joe Grad myself, missed Mark by 1 year. Man this'd be sweet.

Yes, I contracted "this would."

If Teix has the cajones to be the Boras client who takes less money after seemingly being what seemed like a true believer he'll instantly become one of my favorite players.

Same here. Go ahead and erect the statue.

Ravech has said that Tex really likes the Orioles for a number of family reasons... other than that no new info. Have there been any insider posts that I missed during the "Great Crash"?