McLovin

The Teixeira Watch: Part VI - ESPN: BoSox close to getting Teixeira

I wouldn't be shocked if the Yankees nab him.

But there is some truth to the statement that the Yankees have a tendency to make a lot of noise once they're moving in on a free agent. We heard at least rumblings about the Yankees when they started going after AJ Burnett, and we certainly heard a lot of rumbling when they went after (and against their very own offer) CC. In addition, we heard nearly every agonizing step of the resigning of ARod, and that was after ARod told Boras that he, himself was going to handle the negotiations.

BTW, I think the Red Sox certainly stay dormant EVEN if they thought the Yankees were going after Tex. I think the Red Sox are an organization that is a better run organization than the Yankees, and will let FA's go if they deem the money more than the value of the free agent. The Yankees just don't care.

I'm really thinking it's down to the Orioles and Nationals.

The Yankees are scaring me here, seriously.

I mean, they could just swoop in and WOW Tex simply to just screw the Sox over.

It's cruel, dirty, and mean.

And if I had the ability to do it, I certainly would.

I agree with you Moose. I said this waaaaay back at the beginning of signing period. My opinion only - New stadium, mad about not making playoffs last year, must make a big splash, and with Giambi gone they actually have a need at 1b.

It seems quite fashionable to bash Jim Bowden around here. Just what nonsensical moves has he made? Seriously, I'd like to know. I just casually follow the Nats but I thnk Bowden has done well with the deals I can remember. He fleeced the Reds for Kearns and F. Lopez for a couple of relief pitchers. I also like the deal he made at the winter meetings for the Marlins outfielder, Willingham. He also took a low risk, high reward chance on Dukes and Milledge. I wish MacPhail would makes moves like that.

The only head scratcher I can think of was signing Christian Guzman to a 3 year deal, but even that deal looks pretty good in retrospect. I'd rather have Guzman than Izturis, that is for sure. So what are his bad moves?

In addition to what was mentioned, he didn't "fleece" anyone. He SCAMMED Cincinnati, as in, "I'll trade you these two pitchers, but won't tell you they are hurt."

That alone deserved a firing.

I agree with the guy a few posts above. I feel bad for Tex if he signs with the Nats. If he really wants to take a couple million extra per year and play with one of the worst franchises and management teams in baseball, let him go. He'll be miserable for 10 years.

Now that Boston is out of it, it comes down to us and ANA to me.

If Tex goes to the nats i would be shocked.

The Angels are desperate, but they said earlier in the week they had already made there best offer.

I am very hopeful we will hear tomorrow Tex has agreed to sign with the O's

This was my face when i saw boston dropped out :eek: u literally cant believe it i thought he would be signed by the sox for sure when i heard about the meeting with Boras...

I definitely wouldn't forget about Washington at this point.

Didn't someone say that the nationals asked MASN to be ready in case they were going to have a press conference?

Yes, I believe it was Dixon10? I think he has a friend who works for MASN who told him yesterday. or the day before, that they were told to prepare for a big Nats news conference or something.

We'll see.

It seems quite fashionable to bash Jim Bowden around here. Just what nonsensical moves has he made? Seriously, I'd like to know. I just casually follow the Nats but I thnk Bowden has done well with the deals I can remember. He fleeced the Reds for Kearns and F. Lopez for a couple of relief pitchers. I also like the deal he made at the winter meetings for the Marlins outfielder, Willingham. He also took a low risk, high reward chance on Dukes and Milledge. I wish MacPhail would makes moves like that.

The only head scratcher I can think of was signing Christian Guzman to a 3 year deal, but even that deal looks pretty good in retrospect. I'd rather have Guzman than Izturis, that is for sure. So what are his bad moves?

He traded Rauch for Bonifacio and the traded Bonifacio for Willingham and Olsen. Seems good to me. The guy is def a bonhead, but most of his moves have been okay. It was to peacemeal the club for a while. And we can sit here and say this and that, but the overall depth of the farm system (young guys is good). Those are guys you can trade for big league talent, because they're projectable.

Thanks man, I'll be here all night.

No, I don't think the Sox know the Yanks are in it.

All I'm sayin is I can see now that the Sox are out of it, the Yanks can just swoop in, grab Tex and humiliate the Yankees.

Sort of like taking a girl home that your enemy is after. You're not really interested in her, but you want to make him feel bad. That's exactly what kind of move that is.

I would think Boras told Theo, that the Yanks were in, hoping that they would get into a major biding war.