adjones10

Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

Red Sox owner John Henry wrote Thursday that he doesn't expect the team to "be a factor" in the final bidding for Mark Teixeira.

"We met with Mr. Teixeira and were very much impressed with him," Henry said. "After hearing about his other offers, however, it seems clear that we are not going to be a factor." Negotiating ploy or the end of Boston's flirtation? We're guessing agent Scott Boras was still presenting the Red Sox with some unrealistic expectations during the face-to-face negotiations Thursday. It's pretty clear that the Red Sox won't go beyond eight years in a deal for the first baseman.

Just posted on rotoworld.

Edited by Greg Pappas
  • Upvote 1

Red Sox owner John Henry wrote Thursday that he doesn't expect the team to "be a factor" in the final bidding for Mark Teixeira.

"We met with Mr. Teixeira and were very much impressed with him," Henry said. "After hearing about his other offers, however, it seems clear that we are not going to be a factor." Negotiating ploy or the end of Boston's flirtation? We're guessing agent Scott Boras was still presenting the Red Sox with some unrealistic expectations during the face-to-face negotiations Thursday. It's pretty clear that the Red Sox won't go beyond eight years in a deal for the first baseman.

Another twist! :clap3:

TM

• Upvote 1

So I guess they are just in Texas talking about how they aren't going to sign him.

Yeah, and remember when the Yankees let A-Rod go. He'll be a Red Sox.

The Yankees didn't let A-Rod go...A-Rod left, and then went back. This is interesting, but doesn't mean the Sox are out.

Another twist! :clap3:

TM

Hey Travis! Its me, your ole buddy from Sunspot - Old19fan! Only here I go by Old#5fan. Sure nice to see your posting over here. See if you can get Bobby Jr and OrioleMark to sign up!:D

This is a very classy place to hangout!

People actually respect one another!:)

Hey Travis! Its me, your ole buddy from Sunspot - Old19fan! Only here I go by Old#5fan. Sure nice to see your posting over here. See if you can get Bobby Jr and OrioleMark to sign up!:D

This is a very classy place to hangout!

People actually respect one another!:)

Good to see you here sir. Hope all is well. Miss you over on SS.

I really enjoy reading and following Orioles stuff here too.

This is a great site. Love the optimism too.

Now let's go get Tex! :)

TM

This is starting to get ridiculous with all these conflicting reports. Either way, this particular one is great news so I'm just going to go to bed on that note.