jcroemer

Orioles Trade Rumors and Whispers

Coste???? Another player that doesn't make sense for the Orioles.

Heck Zaun is the only player from these blurbs worth considering!

Coste is 36 years old. A light hitting catcher. We already have an aging veteran light hitting catcher who will tread water for us for a month or so..or less when Weiters gets to the bigs. Unless Zaun is giving the Orioles some problems behind the scenes or is hurt, which I doubt...Coste makes no sense..Maybe its not Coste..maybe its Bob Costas!!!!

Rodriguez is 37 years old and has made more than 110 million dollars in his career. Just before he signed with the Tigers, when the Orioles were considering him or Lopez, Rodriguez was interviewed on his yacht, in which he had hung original artwork that he had purchased.

It's nice that you're giving us all these links, but "sad" is not a word that seems applicable to Rodriguez's circumstances.

Since you want to pick on my semantics, I'll say this - I used the word "sad" because it reflected the tone of the headline and lead of the story it's linked to.

Coste is 36 years old. A light hitting catcher. We already have an aging veteran light hitting catcher who will tread water for us for a month or so..or less when Weiters gets to the bigs. Unless Zaun is giving the Orioles some problems behind the scenes or is hurt, which I doubt...Coste makes no sense..Maybe its not Coste..maybe its Bob Costas!!!!

Sorry, but who are you talking about? Did we give another C a MiL contract? I haven't seen anything about that.:confused:

Coste???? Another player that doesn't make sense for the Orioles.

Heck Zaun is the only player from these blurbs worth considering!

Roy, you do realize you are quoting a post from December 28th?

Did we sign him? What are they talking about?:confused:

Note the OP. There was talk of the Orioles trading for Coste back at the end of December.

This is just a case of people digging up old posts.

Note the OP. There was talk of the Orioles trading for Coste back at the end of December.

This is just a case of people digging up old posts.

I get it now. I went back a couple of pages to try and find a reference, but I though it was obvious that this thread was being updated. Never thought to go back to page one.:laughlol:

Correct me if I'm right, but isn't Zaun the only catcher on the O's 40 man roster?

Zaun is the only catcher on the 40 man roster.

Old post of not it does beg the question: who is going to catch those 37 pitchers we're bringing to camp?

Adam Donachie, Robby Hammock, Chad Moeller, Quillermo Quiroz, Jose Reyes, Quillermo Rodriguez, and Matt Wieters are the non-roster catchers being brought in to camp.

Adam Donachie, Robby Hammock, Chad Moeller, Quillermo Quiroz, Jose Reyes, Quillermo Rodriguez, and Matt Wieters are the non-roster catchers being brought in to camp.

Wow no wonder they're going to have 67 guys in camp.

We need that many catchers to try to warm up the 1.4 million pitchers that will be around.

-Don

Correct me if I'm right, but isn't Zaun the only catcher on the O's 40 man roster?

You are right, sooooooo...how do we go about correcting you? ;)