PaulBako

#1 UNC upset by Boston College

North Carolina was upset by Boston College today at home. it was the first loss of the season for UNC.

This is great! :mwahaha:

Sorry about that Carolina fans. It must suck to have your top rated team lose to a not so great team in Boston college at home!

This was a GREAT way to wrap up this weekend! I dislike Roy Williams & Carolina fans almost as much as I despise "K" & Duke. One of the Caroliona players said before the game that they needed to face a team that that could offer them a challenge as they prepare for the rest of the season. TOO BAD TARHEELS!!!! It was great to see them lose at home. They thought they were going to be coronated..... no need to have "March Madness" this year. TOO BAD CAROLINA. Now if Duke could lose to Va Tech but it doesn't look like that's going to happen tonight.

They certainly have played like it so far.

Pitt only beat perennial cellar dweller Rutgers by 6 and had to come back to do it. Of course Rutgers is much improved this year, but still...

(Of course Pitt completely obliterated my other school which is vastly disimproved from last year, so maybe they should be #1.) :D

They certainly have played like it so far.

They certainly have -- I still think UNC is the team to beat come March. I'm not sure if we will ever see an undefeated NCAA team ever again. If this UNC team couldn't do it (and not even challenge for it really) who can?

This was a GREAT way to wrap up this weekend! I dislike Roy Williams & Carolina fans almost as much as I despise "K" & Duke. One of the Caroliona players said before the game that they needed to face a team that that could offer them a challenge as they prepare for the rest of the season. TOO BAD TARHEELS!!!! It was great to see them lose at home. They thought they were going to be coronated..... no need to have "March Madness" this year. TOO BAD CAROLINA. Now if Duke could lose to Va Tech but it doesn't look like that's going to happen tonight.

Mind if I ask why?

They certainly have -- I still think UNC is the team to beat come March. I'm not sure if we will ever see an undefeated NCAA team ever again. If this UNC team couldn't do it (and not even challenge for it really) who can?

Pitt deserves to be #1, good for them. That Big East is going to be torture this year, the conference winner will probably have 4-5 losses.

AS for the Heels, they just got beat tonight, plain and simple. Lawson was completely outplayed by Tyrese Rice all night long, and we didn't hit our foul shots (14/26). A Perfect season was out of the question, but i didn't expect them to lose tonight.

Pitt only beat perennial cellar dweller Rutgers by 6 and had to come back to do it. Of course Rutgers is much improved this year, but still...

(Of course Pitt completely obliterated my other school which is vastly disimproved from last year, so maybe they should be #1.) :D

If you're talking about Gtown as your other school, I'm not sure if they are not going to be better than last year’s team, Summers has been great and Freeman and Wright have been stepping up big, Monroe needs to want the ball more and be more aggressive than Hibbert, I am concerned about the bench though, Gtown vs. the fighting Irish tomorrow after the Mason game

Sorry to get off topic but ye great to see UNC go down like that, I'm sure there are a bunch of terp fans on here, me not being one of them, but we can all agree it's always great to see the heels and dukies lose

Pitt deserves to be #1, good for them. That Big East is going to be torture this year, the conference winner will probably have 4-5 losses.

That is an understatement. :) I'm just hoping they'll be able to get the 10 or more NCAA bids that the conference will deserve.

If you're talking about Gtown as your other school' date=' I'm not sure if they are not going to be better than last year’s team, Summers has been great and Freeman and Wright have been stepping up big, Monroe needs to want the ball more and be more aggressive than Hibbert, I am concerned about the bench though, Gtown vs. the fighting Irish tomorrow after the Mason game[/quote']

Pretty sure she meant UMBC.

Always great when UNC loses....Amazing that BC would then lose at home To harvard, who had NEVER beaten a ranked team before.

That being said, UNC should still be #1 in the nation.

Always great when UNC loses....Amazing that BC would then lose at home To harvard, who had NEVER beaten a ranked team before.

That being said, UNC should still be #1 in the nation.

Yeah, Harvard over BC is an incredible upset. It's certainly as bad a loss as Maryland-Coppin State, so obviously they had a huge letdown.