Tony-OH

As if Teixeira didn't want to make you puke already

Here's something new and it's more evidence that the Yankees are always one step of the Orioles in recruiting:

You're forgetting that killer montage they put up for Carl Pavano! :)

Ehhh, whatever.

You like who you like when you're a kid. And as Boom Boom pointed out, those Yankees teams that Mattingly was on were hardly "front runners."

The part that cracked me up is when he was being interviewed by that cute MLBN reporter when he was like "Yeah, it's near my family. I have a sister over in Hoboken and it's a short drive up from Baltimore where my parents live."

Hahaha, just twist the knife, Tex! That was great, it's almost as if he doesn't know that a major league team resides in his hometown.

Whatever. As I've stated before, his ties to the area aren't as thick as we'd like to think they are. He grew up here but has spent a significant part of his life in other areas of the country. He doesn't even reside in MD during the offseason.

I'm still curious to see how many people on this board went to high school with him or saw him play in high school. Just cause he grew up in the area till age 18 doesn't mean he owes the Orioles or the Orioles fans a single thing.

• Upvote 1

He likes Twisted Sister... I'm glad we didn't get him...

The bottom line is the Yankees went all out like they usually do and they got Tex. The Orioles had their shot, but they couldn't sell him and their low offer didn't help either.

Sometimes you've got to go all out to recruit the player you want...

Check out this gem of a quote ""My dad would take me to O's games and I'd wear a Yankees hat, which wasn't too safe in Baltimore back in the '80s. But it was worth it. There's something about being a Yankee, no where you are there are Yankees fans, and I'm glad to be a Yankee today."

Goodness gracious. Someone should have told us he was that kind of kid. Honestly, I'm thinking of pulling my sons application from Mt Saint Joe just because I don't want him to be associated with anything that has to do with this guy.

Just another punk front runner growing up. I can't fault him for wanting to be with the team he wanted to be with, but it doesn't mean I'm going to like him.

With Mussina retiring, I now have my new most disliked big leaguer.

I get it. Most O's fans probably wanted Tex to sign with the "hometown" Orioles. Even though I didn't think it really make complete sense to go after him (considering the dollars and years it was going to take to sign him), I still wanted him to sign with the O's. But he didn't. Life goes on. Most players don't sign with their hometown teams.

But saying that he's a "punk front runner" growing up? Pulling your son's college application because of this?

Honestly, I'm surprised that you typed this post. It's a bit dramatic.

The bottom line is the Yankees went all out like they usually do and they got Tex. The Orioles had their shot, but they couldn't sell him and their low offer didn't help either.

Sometimes you've got to go all out to recruit the player you want...

Glad your source has informed you that we absolutely did not do anything at all like that.

Oh wait, I'M SORRY...:rolleyes:

Different FO at that time. MacPhail would never do that.

Yea J, he wanted to sign here since he was 10, but with a simple video and Twisted Sister montage, his mind suddenly flip flopped. Yea. Ok. Wake me up when the sun doesn't rise.

Goodness gracious. Someone should have told us he was that kind of kid. Honestly, I'm thinking of pulling my sons application from Mt Saint Joe just because I don't want him to be associated with anything that has to do with this guy.

He should apply to Curley then :D GO FRIARS

Like the part about his hat not fitting.

He's getting a big head already,now that hes a $kankee.

It's ashame we dont have Dcab anymore, he probably could've deflated it some for us.(if you catch my drift) Although, if we told Cabrera to throw a little chin music, he'd have to aim at his hip. :laughlol:

Edited by bmorebird