helloharv

How is Suggs?

Suggs is playing.

The team is a little worried that the NFL might think they are making a joke out of the injury report.

He hurt his shoulder and might miss some reps but he will be on the field.

Why should they be? The Pats do it EVERY week

Losing Rolle is bigger than losing Suggs IMO.

Not necessarily. No pass rush means the best CBs will have a difficult time covering the weakest WR. Getting Suggs on the field, like Pryce last year, is more important IMO. And honestly I don't think there's much of a decline between Rolle and Walker. Rolle was basically our 2nd best CB the 2nd half of the year.

Not necessarily. No pass rush means the best CBs will have a difficult time covering the weakest WR. Getting Suggs on the field, like Pryce last year, is more important IMO. And honestly I don't think there's much of a decline between Rolle and Walker. Rolle was basically our 2nd best CB the 2nd half of the year.

Rolle is a much better cover corner than Walker and he is also far less likely to do something stupid on the field and cost us a big chunk of yardage.

In terms of Suggs, we have enough guys that can get to the QB and do similar things....We don't have that cover corner to back up Rolle that is similar.

The Ravens do need to use their fresher people more though..McGahee, J McClain, Rice, etc....Fresh legs are a good thing in this game.

If I'm 'level headed and make good arguments', why do I care if you're had enough? This is a Ravens forum, so I'm here to talk about the game. If you have an opinion that's based on logic, that's great. But if you just think "DEM RAY-VENS IS GAWN WIN ON SUNDEE" then I'll disagree.

And Hines Ward doesn't do anywhere near the hypocritical talking that Bart Scott does. If Hines did talk like Bart, he'd also have a little more ground to stand on.

Seriously, just go away.

Rolle is a much better cover corner than Walker and he is also far less likely to do something stupid on the field and cost us a big chunk of yardage.

In terms of Suggs, we have enough guys that can get to the QB and do similar things....We don't have that cover corner to back up Rolle that is similar.

The Ravens do need to use their fresher people more though..McGahee, J McClain, Rice, etc....Fresh legs are a good thing in this game.

Speaking of Rice, what's the reason that he's been so inactive these last two games? From what I heard, he was healthy at the Miami game but he hasn't had any touches in the playoffs.

If there were any real negatives to take from Pittsburgh's game against San Diego, it was the success Sproles had in screens/swing passes out of the backfield. Rice doesn't have Sproles' speed, but he is a weapon in the passing game. Basically, what have you heard as to why Rice hasn't been used?

Speaking of Rice, what's the reason that he's been so inactive these last two games? From what I heard, he was healthy at the Miami game but he hasn't had any touches in the playoffs.

If there were any real negatives to take from Pittsburgh's game against San Diego, it was the success Sproles had in screens/swing passes out of the backfield. Rice doesn't have Sproles' speed, but he is a weapon in the passing game. Basically, what have you heard as to why Rice hasn't been used?

Rice had a bruised left shin, where he missed the last 3 regular-season games, and then the Miami game, while only playing a bit against Tennessee.

I personally think he was able to go for both of the playoff games, but the team did not want to risk it, especially the Miami game.

The three-headed monster is back in business.

You may be right but they nearly beat the Stealers the first time they played them without Rolle, although they did have CMAC for that game.

Pot meet kettle.

How many threads have you posted about Markakis, Carlos Pena, gold-glove defense, etc. and been bombarded by stats that directly refute your argument? Yet every single time you cherry-pick a few that support your opinion and look the other way.

I don't claim to be a know-it-all, but I do have my opinions. I generally support those with stats or facts, not because I'm drinking my team's Kool-Aid. The problem is, you don't like what I have to say. That's the beauty of a message board, contrasting opinions exist.

You are right I don't always like what you have to say, especially when you post totally bogus crap about Bart Scott and your rookie running back. That is pure fiction that you posted, and I notice you ignore. Ray tried to be nice and compliment the rookie and he rebuked Ray (disrespected him). No rookie should ever disrespect any veteran much less a future HOFer like Ray. Bad, bad mistake.

He didn't get on the field against Miami.

He was out there on a very limited basis against Tennessee but didn't get involved in the game that much.

They need him vs Pittsburgh.

Take advantage of the fresh legs.

Edited by Sports Guy

You are right I don't always like what you have to say, especially when you post totally bogus crap about Bart Scott and your rookie running back. That is pure fiction that you posted, and I notice you ignore. Ray tried to be nice and compliment the rookie and he rebuked Ray (disrespected him). No rookie should ever disrespect any veteran much less a future HOFer like Ray. Bad, bad mistake.

Bart Scott is a good player, but he talks a bigger game. That's my point. He's only been a regular player for the past four years. While he's been solid, he hasn't been amazing. If he leaves Baltimore as a free agent this season, how do you expect he'll fare? If I had to bet a rent check on whether he sees another Pro Bowl or if he flames out like Ed Hartwell, Gary Baxter, etc. I'd choose the latter. Again, it's not a slight against Bart Scott as a player, but he just runs his mouth a bit too much. Most of the Ravens fans I know feel the same way.

As to the Mendenhall incident, I really don't know where you're getting that from. Maybe I missed the Lewis/Rashard interaction, but that's the first I've heard of it. From what I read, Mendenhall joked with Rice, a fellow rookie and a friend of his, about having a big game against Baltimore. That somehow translated into bulletin board material when a member of the Ravens D (Scott as I heard it) was told about the message. If my account is wrong, show me a link demonstrating otherwise and I'll be glad to stand corrected.

• Downvote 1

Bart Scott is a good player, but he talks a bigger game. That's my point. He's only been a regular player for the past four years. While he's been solid, he hasn't been amazing. If he leaves Baltimore as a free agent this season, how do you expect he'll fare? If I had to bet a rent check on whether he sees another Pro Bowl or if he flames out like Ed Hartwell, Gary Baxter, etc. I'd choose the latter. Again, it's not a slight against Bart Scott as a player, but he just runs his mouth a bit too much. Most of the Ravens fans I know feel the same way.

As to the Mendenhall incident, I really don't know where you're getting that from. Maybe I missed the Lewis/Rashard interaction, but that's the first I've heard of it. From what I read, Mendenhall joked with Rice, a fellow rookie and a friend of his, about having a big game against Baltimore. That somehow translated into bulletin board material when a member of the Ravens D (Scott as I heard it) was told about the message. If my account is wrong, show me a link demonstrating otherwise and I'll be glad to stand corrected.

Actually I do agree with you that Scott talks too much and could easily follow Hartwell's career path after leaving the Ravens. So we don't differ there at all.

However, that is not my point. If you read what I posted (twice now) I watched a MASN interview of Ray, where he was going over highlights of his biggest hits or plays of the year. They asked Ray to pick out his favorite and he chose the Mendenhall hit, and pointed out not because of the fact Mendenhall got hurt on the play as he never likes to see another player injured, but because Mendenhall disrespected him when Ray met him the first time and tried to pay him a compliment. Ray said as a result he enjoyed that big hit the most of any he has has this season (so far).

So I don't have a link, as it was a tv interview, but I heard it and no doubt others here may also have seen the interview.

Edited by Old#5fan

I know what cold weather does to a field.

I was talking about snow, and snow covered field will definitely not favor players with speed which was my point.

My apologies. Must have misread it I guess.

It would be great if it snowed. Don't know if it would help or hurt the Ravens too much but I'm a big fan of watching NFL games in the elements. Makes it seem surreal.

Actually I do agree with you that Scott talks too much and could easily follow Hartwell's career path after leaving the Ravens. So we don't differ there at all.

However, that is not my point. If you read what I posted (twice now) I watched a MASN interview of Ray, where he was going over highlights of his biggest hits or plays of the year. They asked Ray to pick out his favorite and he chose the Mendenhall hit, and pointed out not because of the fact Mendenhall got hurt on the play as he never likes to see another player injured, but because Mendenhall disrespected him when Ray met him the first time and tried to pay him a compliment. Ray said as a result he enjoyed that big hit the most of any he has has this season (so far).

So I don't have a link, as it was a tv interview, but I heard it and no doubt others here may also have seen the interview.

If that's what truly happened, I totally understand. From all accounts, Rashard is a very humble kid and really keeps to himself. It seems very out of character, but like Ray or not, as a rookie you pay him respect.

My apologies. Must have misread it I guess.

It would be great if it snowed. Don't know if it would help or hurt the Ravens too much but I'm a big fan of watching NFL games in the elements. Makes it seem surreal.

No need to apologize, your analysis was correct we just had a misunderstanding.

Yes, watching snowy football is pretty awesome. ;)

If that's what truly happened, I totally understand. From all accounts, Rashard is a very humble kid and really keeps to himself. It seems very out of character, but like Ray or not, as a rookie you pay him respect.

What accounts are those? On his way out of Illinois, he took time to rip Ron Zook and some of the other coaches.