Nick The Stick

Per Sun: O's in lead to land Hill in deal...

Don't get too excited guys...Hill still has a lot work to do to get back to his 2006-2007 form. And he's not a sure thing to make the rotation.

I think we all know that.

But as SG has said, an organization in this position needs to take risks and trade for Low Risk High Reward players. Hill is exactly the player that AM should be targeting, and its good to know he is.

This would be awesome. Hill, hopefully, just had an off year. I had him on my fantasy team in 2007. He performed well enough (I think 3rd in NL in K's) that I saved him for 2008. That didn't go so well, but I love Rich Hill. He has a chance to be better than Guthrie if he returns to form. I may be getting too giddy, but if we add Looper, too, we actually have a chance of 4 starters that could combine for 750 innings with an ERA under 4.00.

I would have Penn, Pauley and Hendrickson all make the team as 5th starter and long relief and the other 5 guys in the bullpen could be Ray, Sherrill, Johnson, Sarfate and Walker/Baez (one or the other).

I'll take it!!!

Depending on what we trade, whatever.

I'm pretty bearish on Hill and his fragile psyche, but he's another arm. Not young anymore, but at least he's lefthanded.

Maybe Kranitz can pull off a transformation. Hill is basically the Cubs version of Cabrera.

Come on, Hill's best year was so much better than anything Cabrera threw for us.