NewMarketSean

Kurt Warner for HoF? I say yes.

I don't really have anything new to add to the discussion, except for (possibly) this:

I've heard many talking heads talk about Warner's huge yardage totals in the 3 Super Bowls that he's now played in. But I almost never hear anyone mention the costly pick 6's that he threw against NE and Pit. I know that interceptions aren't always the fault of a qb. Passes can get tipped by a defensive lineman or bounce off a wr's hands or a wr can run the wrong route. But those two int were thrown directly to the defender.

If he doesn't throw those two picks, it's very likely that he's a 3 time SB winner.

That said, I could see it going either way with Warner and the HOF, and I wouldn't care either way. (Now, I never understood how Warren Moon got into the HOF. He accumulated some nice looking stats in a run and shoot offense and never did anything in the playoffs. BFD.)

I don't really have anything new to add to the discussion, except for (possibly) this:

I've heard many talking heads talk about Warner's huge yardage totals in the 3 Super Bowls that he's now played in. But I almost never hear anyone mention the costly pick 6's that he threw against NE and Pit. I know that interceptions aren't always the fault of a qb. Passes can get tipped by a defensive lineman or bounce off a wr's hands or a wr can run the wrong route. But those two int were thrown directly to the defender.

If he doesn't throw those two picks, it's very likely that he's a 3 time SB winner.

That said, I could see it going either way with Warner and the HOF, and I wouldn't care either way. (Now, I never understood how Warren Moon got into the HOF. He accumulated some nice looking stats in a run and shoot offense and never did anything in the playoffs. BFD.)

Jim Kelly has 2 TD and 6 INT in 4 SB's and 20 TD and 28 INT in the playoffs throughout his career and he is in the HoF. Granted he played longer than Warner and had more better seasons, but he pretty much continuously laid eggs in big games and is still in Canton.

but I don't know how Proehl or Az-Hakim > Breaston unless you are comparing their entire career vs. Breaston's 2008 season.

Not Hakim or Proehl > Breaston, but both Hakim and Proehl > Breaston.

I.E. having both a pretty good 3rd and 4th receiver is better than having just a 3rd WR, even if the 3rd WR (Breaston) is better individually than Proehl or Hakim

Yes, AZ had a 4th in Urban but he wasn't used too much IIRC.

The Rams routinely went 4 WR - Martz loved to (and still does to the recent horror of Mike Singeltary) play QB suicide - sent everybody downfield, have the quarterback take a deep drop and hope he doesn't get killed before he has a chance to chuck the rock. This style is another reason why the rams line was better at pass blocking than you might first think given their sacks allowed.