McLovin

Howard Stern show discussion

I notice Artie is more energetic... but I do not notice an attitude.

I guess if anything, I sense that Arite is waking up and taking pride of his accomplishments...

He is very self depricating...

The only reason I listen to HS is for Artie... while he is not always the most articulate, I do find him to be the most intelligent, and interesting voice on the show.

I agree that he is more energetic, and for the most part I think that's a good thing, however, there has been times where he's had more of an attitude than normal.

Artie isn't the only reason I listen to the show at all, but he is my favorite.

Edited by mweb08

I don't really know who this guy is other than being a guy on the Stern show, so I don't have much to go on. But what was his point? It wasn't funny except in an odd Andy Kaufmann kind of way. It obviously made everyone uncomfortable.

Is his regular shtick being mean and cursing? I dunno, I guess people are talking about him. Maybe that was the entire point.

I think you can say a few things about his appearance, but I don't think not funny is one of them. He did go over the top imo as I said, but was apparently was told to go nuts.

I agree that he is more energetic, and for the most part I think that's a good thing, however, there has been times where's had more of an attitude than normal.

Artie isn't the only reason I listen to the show at all, but he is my favorite.

I am guessing that many addicts have similar problems when they are going through rehab and recovery... Artie's outbursts are probably worse or more often because of the nature of the show and people watching your every move and hanging on every word.

So, not only will Howard Stern have the Michael Jackson story to talk about (he's been off for two weeks), but he'll also have the Artie Lange DUI story.

Should be a fun-filled packed Monday. :D

So, not only will Howard Stern have the Michael Jackson story to talk about (he's been off for two weeks), but he'll also have the Artie Lange DUI story.

Should be a fun-filled packed Monday. :D

Holy crap, I missed the Artie DUI.

I thought he was trying to stay clean from everything, including alcohol. Guess not.

Has anyone else noticed a change in Artie since he's been "clean"?

I am happy he's free of drugs and losing weight, but his whole attitude has been really bad during that time....

Gotta be the fact that he's off drugs and losing weight...it's just funny that he's even more miserable now than he was while on drugs...when it should obviously be the opposite way..

What have you guys thought about History of HS PT2?

I think they are extremely well done... and I enjoy listening to the development of the show, and the recollections of the staff.

Sam Kinison's history with the show was very interesting.

It is a little unfair to listen back 20-25 years ago, and hold them accountable for what they said then... that was a different era...

I can not believe that anyone ever was a fan of Jackie. The guy is horrible. Has always been horrible, will always be horrible.

The history of the show has been very guest heavy... I wish they would have played more normal day intereaction, and discussion which I think is the backbone of the show.

Both parts were awesome and definitely very cool to hear old Howard Stern from the WNBC and DC101 days from Part 1. I've only listened/watched Howard for about 10-11 years, so hearing older stuff... I enjoyed them thoroughly.

As many problems as Artie has/had, him replacing Jackie was one of the best moves they could have ever done. I loved hearing Howard and Co. rag on him during the shows in that Jackie voice, that was great.

I never found him funny whatsoever.

:(

However, not all of Lange's skeletons have been kept in the closet.

Lange's hospitalization reportedly occurred after the comedian stabbed himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, The Post reports.

According to a law-enforcement source, Lange's mother called 911 after entering his Hoboken apartment and finding the blood-stained comedian Saturday morning.

Lange's mother reportedly came to visit him to drop off food when she discovered her injured son, who sustained six "hesitation wounds" and three deep plunges.

Despite heavy bleeding from the incident, surgeons managed to save Lange's life.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/01/07/2010-01-07_artie_lange_stabs_himself_nine_times_in_an_alleged_suicide_attempt_report.html

So Howard re-upped for another 5 years with Sirius. Thank God.

His rant on Tuesday had me worried. He thought the CFO of Sirius was saying that Howard would need to take a pay cut in order to come back to Sirius, but it turned out to be a misunderstanding.

He got Sal pretty good, too. Sal came in late and missed Howard's announcement earlier that morning and Howard led him on to believe he was leaving and Sal broke down. I think it was probably mostly a put on, but it was still a good prank.

So Howard re-upped for another 5 years with Sirius. Thank God.

His rant on Tuesday had me worried. He thought the CFO of Sirius was saying that Howard would need to take a pay cut in order to come back to Sirius, but it turned out to be a misunderstanding.

He got Sal pretty good, too. Sal came in late and missed Howard's announcement earlier that morning and Howard led him on to believe he was leaving and Sal broke down. I think it was probably mostly a put on, but it was still a good prank.

Yeah, I'm glad he's staying in radio for another 5 years.

I don't think it was a put on with Sal at all. He was really losing it. And yes, great prank.