Frobby

Which of these pitchers belong in the Hall of Fame?

Which of these pitchers belong in the Hall of Fame?  

392 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which of these pitchers belong in the Hall of Fame?

I thought it would be worth doing a poll to get an idea of what people think. Here are the top 10 candidates among starting pitchers of recent vintage. It's possible that all 10 could eventually get in. Vote for as many as you think deserve it.

Everyone but Schilling and Wells IMO.

Schilling is borderline but i am not sure he peaked enough.

His WARP3 is 108 but he had a lot of years where his WARP3 was under 5.

That is too much poor production for a HOFer IMO.

Brown is also borderline but i think i give him the nod...I could go either way on him.

I think Schilling gets in based on his World Series performances. Brown, I think, was a very good pitcher who will be forgotten as time moves on, kind of the Bert Blyleven of his day.

I only voted for the "great" ones: Clemens, Maddux, Johnson, Pedro, and Glavine.

Smoltz and Mussina: I am on the fence with. I may change my mind when they are finished.

Brown and Schilling: just not enough, imo.

I voted for everyone but Wells. I was leaning towards not taking Schilling but I figured if Brown goes, he should too.

I voted for everyone but Wells, Brown and Schilling...

I think Schilling makes it though, his postseason greatness will weigh heavily for some voters and it'll get him in.

SG, why'd you vote for Kevin Brown?

EDIT: I can kinda see why....1996-2001..I forgot how good he was in those years.

Dunno, he just doesn't scream HoFer to me.

I think Schilling makes it though, his postseason greatness will weigh heavily for some voters and it'll get him in.

EDIT: I can kinda see why....1996-2001..I forgot how good he was in those years.

I think someone posted the other day that that was one of the best pitching peaks of all time. Top ___ (5, 10, 20, whatever).

He gets a bad rap for getting hurt and not living up to his last contract. But he still pitched a lot of innings before that.

Mweb swayed me with his argument...Go to the Sheffield underrated player thread...Read what MWeb wrote.

Everyone but Wells and Brown.

I'm torn on Schilling, but to twist around the traditional "It is the Hall of FAME, not the Hall of Very Good" argument, sometimes a legendary performance or two can push a borderline player over the top.

I said yes to everyone but Wells and Brown.

Schilling is iffy, but hes had amazing post-series (World Series in Boston and Arizona) success and hes probably going to pitch for awhile more.

I went with everybody but Wells.

I'm really on the fence with Schilling but I think his postseason success might get him that push over the edge, especially if he can get another ring before he retires.

Slam dunks: Clemens, Maddux, Johnson, Martinez

Just good enough: Smoltz, Glavine

Not quite good enough: Mussina, Schilling

No: Brown, Wells

Everyone but Moose and Brown. Brown, I just don't think he was ever that level. Just on the fringe of it.

Moose isn't sour grapes, it has to do with no Cy Young, no championship, no 20-win seasons.

And those are why I included Wells. Wild guess off the top of my head, he probably has 200-250 wins. Not an "automatic" number. And no Cy Youngs, but he has the rest, 20 games, championships with multiple teams, perfect game.