Pedro Cerrano

I hate mid-majors and lesser conferences

Great paragraph, and it sums up why Pedro and Ravenbird are completely wrong about this.

As a fan of a mid-major and a high major team, I feel that I can see it from both sides.

But, there I cannot fathom not having the conference champs in the NCAA Tournament.

Who is your team, I'll root for them in their conference tourney. If they aren't in the CAA, root for my Dukes of JMU in the CAA Tournament!

My team is the Binghamton Bearcats out of the America East. Will be going to the conference tournament (first 3 rounds) this weekend. If we win this weekend we get a home game on ESPN2 next Saturday for the trip to the Dance!

I will pull for James Madison in the CAA tourney for you...anyone but Northeastern there (turncoats who left the AE a couple seasons back).

Creighton deserves it, regardless. They really struggled early this year and came on strong. Plus, they are a "name" team as far as the smaller teams go. Maryland fans would be wise to pull for them even though you're right that the Valley is weak. A few years ago, Bradley and Wichita both made the Sweet 16, so they're always on the radar with the committee.

I dunno, I guess they have some ok wins, New Mexico, Dayton, Mason OOC.

I just like my mid-major teams who want an at-large bid to have at least one win over a big conference tourney team.

My team is the Binghamton Bearcats out of the America East. Will be going to the conference tournament (first 3 rounds) this weekend. If we win this weekend we get a home game on ESPN2 next Saturday for the trip to the Dance!

I will pull for James Madison in the CAA tourney for you...anyone but Northeastern there (turncoats who left the AE a couple seasons back).

They aren't the only turncoats I believe.....Drexel and Hofstra also came over I believe! They are turncoats as well!

They aren't the only turncoats I believe.....Drexel and Hofstra also came over I believe! They are turncoats as well!

Towson and Delaware too...

Mike Brey, TWO TIME America East Champion!! Woo hoo!!;)

Towson and Delaware too...

Mike Brey, TWO TIME America East Champion!! Woo hoo!!;)

HA yes!

Look at that Notre Dame team too! That guy would do wonders at MD!

We want Brey! We want Brey!

HA yes!

Look at that Notre Dame team too! That guy would do wonders at MD!

We want Brey! We want Brey!

To be fair, Brey did lead Notre Dame to the sweet sixteen.

Once.

This is very true! Northeastern just happens to be the most recent to leave.

This is very true! Northeastern just happens to be the most recent to leave.

Yeah, we didn't want any Boston teams in the CAA! But, the sports Gods decided I needed a Boston team to hate in ALL sports, so BC had to move to the ACC and Northeastern to the CAA.

I saw Binghamton has the top seed in the AmEast tourney. I know they have the championship game at the home team, is the entire tournament there as well?

Creighton deserves it, regardless. They really struggled early this year and came on strong. Plus, they are a "name" team as far as the smaller teams go. Maryland fans would be wise to pull for them even though you're right that the Valley is weak. A few years ago, Bradley and Wichita both made the Sweet 16, so they're always on the radar with the committee.

I'm really surprised as well by the lack of strength in the Valley this year. They are ranked 7th in conference rpi but I guess the lack of ranked teams has me shocked as well. Don't forget about the Salukis who are usually very competitive and a solid tournament team plus it's just cool to say it's the dukies against the salukis.

The Salukis -

2002 Sweet Sixteen

2003 First Round

2004 First Round

2005 Second Round

2006 First Round

2007 Sweet Sixteen

Creighton earned it, they just missed out on the top 25 this week (mentioned this earlier, sorry for repeat) According to espn bracketology if tournament started today they would play Syracuse, if Booker Woodfox catches on fire, Orange beware. Of course I wouldn't bet on them but I could see this upset. Would be nice to see Cuse get knocked out in the first round. Can't wait until selection Sunday as long as Mason wins the CAA.:D

Yeah, we didn't want any Boston teams in the CAA! But, the sports Gods decided I needed a Boston team to hate in ALL sports, so BC had to move to the ACC and Northeastern to the CAA.

I saw Binghamton has the top seed in the AmEast tourney. I know they have the championship game at the home team, is the entire tournament there as well?

No, the America East tourney is kind of strange. Two teams advance from the first weekend of the tournament (which is played in Albany this year--each of the last two years it actually was played in Bing) while the final game is played the following weekend on the home court of the highest remaining seed.

Regarding Northeastern, I think they thought they were "too good" for the America East and went off to the CAA despite geography and rivalry factors suggesting they should stick in the AE. This season I was glad to see Boston U. beat up on Northeastern in the cross-town rivalry and the AE's RPI is just about on par with the CAA.

P.S. Northeastern refused to play Binghamton this year. :)

I'm really surprised as well by the lack of strength in the Valley this year. They are ranked 7th in conference rpi but I guess the lack of ranked teams has me shocked as well. Don't forget about the Salukis who are usually very competitive and a solid tournament team plus it's just cool to say it's the dukies against the salukis.

The Salukis -

2002 Sweet Sixteen

2003 First Round

2004 First Round

2005 Second Round

2006 First Round

2007 Sweet Sixteen

Creighton earned it' date=' they just missed out on the top 25 this week (mentioned this earlier, sorry for repeat)[/b'] According to espn bracketology if tournament started today they would play Syracuse, if Booker Woodfox catches on fire, Orange beware. Of course I wouldn't bet on them but I could see this upset. Would be nice to see Cuse get knocked out in the first round. Can't wait until selection Sunday as long as Mason wins the CAA.:D

Well, the Top 25 rankings don't mean anything.

Sure, it's nice to be ranked in terms of getting your name out there, but in terms of making the dance the rankings are meaningless.

And also, looking at the bracketologoy match-ups is silly, really. Just check out what seed teams are, if they're trending up or down, and who the Last 4 In/Out are, thats what its great for. Trying to break down a matchup is silly because the matchups arent going to happen that way.

And as long as we take care of William and Mary (and assuming Devon Moore can play) I fully expect your boys to have your hands full Saturday night :D

No, the America East tourney is kind of strange. Two teams advance from the first weekend of the tournament (which is played in Albany this year--each of the last two years it actually was played in Bing) while the final game is played the following weekend on the home court of the highest remaining seed.

Regarding Northeastern, I think they thought they were "too good" for the America East and went off to the CAA despite geography and rivalry factors suggesting they should stick in the AE. This season I was glad to see Boston U. beat up on Northeastern in the cross-town rivalry and the AE's RPI is just about on par with the CAA.

P.S. Northeastern refused to play Binghamton this year. :)

We lost a tough game to Northeastern this year at home by 5 in our CAA opener waaaayyyy back in December.

I'd love another shot at them in the CAA semis on Sunday after we take out W&M and Mason in our first two games :D

We lost a tough game to Northeastern this year at home by 5 in our CAA opener waaaayyyy back in December.

I'd love another shot at them in the CAA semis on Sunday after we take out W&M and Mason in our first two games :D

Oh, Mick, I forgot to tell you, my buddy let me pick the CAA coach of the year, and we voted for Brady. So he'll get at least one first place vote.

Oh, Mick, I forgot to tell you, my buddy let me pick the CAA coach of the year, and we voted for Brady. So he'll get at least one first place vote.

Nice!

Normally I think it'd be hard to justify voting for a 7th place team, but with our terrible recent history, and all the injuries he had to deal with this year, I felt he deserved it.

I would guess ODU's coach will win it (Blaine Taylor I think?) but again, that's just a guess.