Pedro Cerrano

I hate mid-majors and lesser conferences

Nice!

Normally I think it'd be hard to justify voting for a 7th place team, but with our terrible recent history, and all the injuries he had to deal with this year, I felt he deserved it.

I would guess ODU's coach will win it (Blaine Taylor I think?) but again, that's just a guess.

Mat (my friend) thinks it'll be Coen, Taylor, Brady 1-2-3.

Hmm...thought NU underachieved a little bit this year, although I'll admit I don't follow them as closely as the teams in VA.

Any thoughts on ROY and First Team?

Well, the Top 25 rankings don't mean anything.

Sure, it's nice to be ranked in terms of getting your name out there, but in terms of making the dance the rankings are meaningless.

And also, looking at the bracketologoy match-ups is silly, really. Just check out what seed teams are, if they're trending up or down, and who the Last 4 In/Out are, thats what its great for. Trying to break down a matchup is silly because the matchups arent going to happen that way.

And as long as we take care of William and Mary (and assuming Devon Moore can play) I fully expect your boys to have your hands full Saturday night :D

My bad Birds, should of made that a little bit more clearer, not because of the near top 25 ranking but because they way they've played, their record, and winning the games they were supposed to without losing any awful games is how they earned their bid.

The bracketology was just for fun, I know it changes every day and thank goodness Joe Lunardi doesn't have control of the NCAA trny, I would just like if that matchup actually happened. I expect Creighton to schedule a harder OOC schedule next year as long as teams want to play them.

and NU, they really stumbled down the stretch - they also get no fan support. When Mason was 14-2 and NU was in second place, the game between the two looked as if there were 500 people in the crowd. Their last home game (big game for them as well) of the year had an attendance of 2100 or so, they lost.

Edited by O's are Legends

Yah, I think it will be Coen as well. As great a job Taylor did in getting ODU to rebound after January in the end ODU finished right were they were predicted. NU on the other hand went from nobodies to for a while being CAA regular season title contenders.

My bad Birds' date=' should of made that a little bit more clearer, not because of the near top 25 ranking but because they way they've played, their record, and winning the games they were supposed to without losing any awful games is how they earned their bid.

The bracketology was just for fun, I know it changes every day and thank goodness Joe Lunardi doesn't have control of the NCAA trny, I would just like if that matchup actually happened. I expect Creighton to schedule a harder OOC schedule next year as long as teams want to play them.[/quote']

OK gotcha.

By the way, Bracketology may be my favorite thing ESPN does. Like, all year, online, TV, whatever. That and Bubble Watch I could read every day. I love it.

Hmm...thought NU underachieved a little bit this year, although I'll admit I don't follow them as closely as the teams in VA.

Any thoughts on ROY and First Team?

I'll ask him tomorrow who he chose, and let you know. Maynor is probably POY, I can assure you of that. Maybe Lee, James, Janning, and ?????. Dre Smith, Tomko...I don't know.

I'll ask him tomorrow who he chose, and let you know. Maynor is probably POY, I can assure you of that. Maybe Lee, James, Janning, and ?????. Dre Smith, Tomko...I don't know.

Oh, Maynor should be unanimous. He is incredible.

Jenkins from Hofstra is definitely First Team.

Oh, Maynor should be unanimous. He is incredible.

Jenkins from Hofstra is definitely First Team.

Jenkins, yes, good call. Again, I was going on memory, and didn't have stats in front of me. Take Smith out and replace with Jenkins.

It has to be Maynor, Dre Smith has been awful this year:mad:, he will make or break Mason's CAA chances.

Dre's shooting percentages from the field and 3 point line -

.352 and .250 If Dre shoots around .38 from three Mason has another 5 road wins or so.

It has to be Maynor' date=' Dre Smith has been awful this year:mad:, he will make or break Mason's CAA chances.

.352 and .250 If Dre shoots around .38 from three Mason has another 5 road wins or so.[/quote']

Yeah, you're right, I'm looking at the leaders now. He can get hot though, and they could win the thing this weekend. No doubt the experience is there.

It has to be Maynor' date=' Dre Smith has been awful this year:mad:, he will make or break Mason's CAA chances.

.352 and .250 If Dre shoots around .38 from three Mason has another 5 road wins or so.[/quote']

Dre Smith had the best shooting performance I've ever seen about ten feet away from me.

When he went 10-10 from 3 last year at JMU I was at Press Row covering the game for my practicum, and man, he just shot lights out. And agreed that if Smith gets hot, Mason will be pretty tough to beat.

Dre Smith had the best shooting performance I've ever seen about ten feet away from me.

When he went 10-10 from 3 last year at JMU I was at Press Row covering the game for my practicum, and man, he just shot lights out. And agreed that if Smith gets hot, Mason will be pretty tough to beat.

Wow, I remember earlier you mentioned how you were at that game - 10 feet away! Goodness, I remember watching that game at my friend's music studio saying Dre don't ruin your perfect day of 7-7, then 8-8, but he kept shooting and set the NCAA record.

10 for 10 to missing 28 straight, ughh...........

Dre for 3 last year:clap3:

This year:no:ooooooooo

Wow' date=' I remember earlier you mentioned how you were at that game - 10 feet away! Goodness, I remember watching that game at my friend's music studio saying Dre don't ruin your perfect day of 7-7, then 8-8, but he kept shooting and set the NCAA record.

10 for 10 to missing 28 straight, ughh...........

Dre for 3 last year:clap3:

This year:no:ooooooooo[/quote']

Yup, Smith is very hit or miss.

I know it's silly to look past W&M, but I'm giddy about a JMU-Mason match-up in the Quarters.

We won't know until Wednesday about Devon Moore's status, and if he can't play, I'm not sure we can beat Mason. He has been incredible at the point this season. With James, Semenov, and Swanston finally all healthy together, if Moore can get back, we could have the entire team in tact for the first time since early January.

Wednesday is gonna be a huge day. If Moore can play, I'm downright psyched about the tournament and our chances to do some damage. If not, I'm very worried about even getting past William & Mary.

Yup, Smith is very hit or miss.

I know it's silly to look past W&M, but I'm giddy about a JMU-Mason match-up in the Quarters.

We won't know until Wednesday about Devon Moore's status, and if he can't play, I'm not sure we can beat Mason. He has been incredible at the point this season. With James, Semenov, and Swanston finally all healthy together, if Moore can get back, we could have the entire team in tact for the first time since early January.

Wednesday is gonna be a huge day. If Moore can play, I'm downright psyched about the tournament and our chances to do some damage. If not, I'm very worried about even getting past William & Mary.

He may come back? I thought he was out for the season with a wrist injury, maybe they meant regular season. Yes, JMU against Mason would be a real good matchup and could really come down to the wire just like the game in Harrisonburg. Hopefully Moore is ok but I'm not going to complain if he doesn't play as he's been a very good freshmen for them but at the same time I don't wish injury on anybody and if he's healthy he should play even if it hurts Mason chances of winning. Good night everyone.

(well if she-rod somehow went on the 60 day dl, I won’t complain)

Before this thread gets off topic. Delaware State- you suck, you have 7 wins this season go away and play UMKC or something.:D

He may come back? I thought he was out for the season with a wrist injury' date=' maybe they meant regular season. Yes, JMU against Mason would be a real good matchup and could really come down to the wire just like the game in Harrisonburg. Hopefully Moore is ok but I'm not going to complain if he doesn't play as he's been a very good freshmen for them but at the same time I don't wish injury on anybody and if he's healthy he should play even if it hurts Mason chances of winning. Good night everyone.

(well if she-rod somehow went on the 60 day dl, I won’t complain)

Before this thread gets off topic. Delaware State- you suck, you have 7 wins this season go away and play UMKC or something.:D[/quote']

Well, Moore strained some ligaments in his wrist, and it is still very up in the air on whether or not he can play this weekend. Wednesday he visits with doctors again, so that's when we will find out if he plays. I'm sort of doubting it, but maybe if we give him the extra day until Saturday he could play (Although I'm honestly not that confident we would beat William & Mary without him.)

And I hear you on the injury thing. Obviously it helps your team if Moore doesn't play, no shame in admitting you don't want to see him. If I was in your position and say Monroe or Vaughn was hurt, I wouldn't want them back.

Let's just hope for good news (JMU wise) on Wednesday, and a victory over the Tribe Friday night, then we can really have a good match-up Saturday night.