Sports Guy

Upset thread

That's a popular upset pick it seems.

Collison can lock down Maynor I think.

Yeah. I really think its good that UCLA has a lot of athletic guys on the team, and they will need that against Maynor.

I dunno, I just think with the game being in Philly, it plays to VCU's hand. I really like their chances to upset, even though I am a fan on UCLA.

Really tempted to pick Zona over Wake.

Just not sure I can rely on Gaudio.

Cleveland State over Arizona in round 2 for me.

Cleveland State over Arizona in round 2 for me.

I changed it to Arizona over Wake in my pool....Cle St is probably the safest pick out of those 3 teams..lol

I changed it to Arizona over Wake in my pool....Cle St is probably the safest pick out of those 3 teams..lol

Wake is ridiculously talented but it seemed like some of the guys have one eye on the NBA during their games. That's on Dino.

Just filled out my bracket...My total upsets(ie, lower seed over higher seed):

Zags in final 4

Siena over OSU

Zona over Utah

USC over BC

A&M over BYU

Utah St over Marq

Md over Cal

Mizzou over Memphis in sweet 16

Portland St over Xavier

LSU over UNC(sorry Beaner)

Western Kent over Illinois

Arizona St over Syracuse into the sweet 16

Clemson over OKla and Arizona St...elite 8

I took FSU to the sweet 16 and Clemson to the elite 8...Can't believe I did this.

UNC is not losing in Greensboro. If Lawson is out it becomes possible though not likely.

UNC is not losing in Greensboro. If Lawson is out it becomes possible though not likely.

They're not losing in Memphis or Detroit either. Lawson said today that we should expect him to play Thursday.

You are probably right but LSU is a scary 8 seed....They should probably be a 5 or 6 seed.

LSU is very athletic.

If UNC wants to play defense and Ellington wants to play up to his potential every game, no one beats UNC.

If they don't, anyone outside of game 1 beats them, no matter where they play.

I have no trust in Wake away from home. None. I wouldn't be suprised to see them lose to CLev St. Not sure I can pull the trigger there but I might considering I won't have them past the 1st weekend.

Upsets off the top of my head:

USC>BC

Utah St>Marquette

Wisc>Florida St

WKU> Illinois

Mich>Clemson

Edited by ccbird

I see chalk getting through to the Elite 8 and Final Four in most all of the brackets. The West bracket is the only one where I don't have a good feel for as I think 4 or 5 teams could potentially win out there.

SOme potential Elite 8 and Final Four upsets:

Purdue to the Elite 8 or Final four over UCOnn

Missouri to the Final Four

Kansas has a chance to knock off Louisville and get back to the Final FOur

Arizona St to the Elite 8

UCLA to the Elite 8 or Final Four- I know they have to go East and that hurts but Howland gets his teams up to play in the tourney. I think they match up well with both Duke and Pitt. The tough part is going to be getting past Nova in Philly in Round 2.

Edited by ccbird

That's a popular upset pick it seems.

Collison can lock down Maynor I think.

The upsets that are popular rarely come true it seems. I got UCLA in the Sweet 16.

I haven't gotten a chance to look at the bracket, but just as an aside...

I really don't think that anything should be called an upset until you start to get to the 13-4 matchups. 8/9, 7/10, 6/11 and even 5/12 games are so evenly matched that you shouldn't get much credit for picking them.

I haven't gotten a chance to look at the bracket, but just as an aside...

I really don't think that anything should be called an upset until you start to get to the 13-4 matchups. 8/9, 7/10, 6/11 and even 5/12 games are so evenly matched that you shouldn't get much credit for picking them.

Speaking of 13/4 matchups, my upset will be Mississippi St. over Washington. I know the Huskies won outright the conference title, but Miss. St is hot and on some kind of streak right now. Hard to pick against them.

Zona over Utah as well...Not really an upset but it is a 5/12 matchup.

Yeah, Arizona went from most likely not getting in to having a good chance at the sweet 16.

As some have stated already, these upsets could very well happen -

VCU over UCLA

Siena over Ohio State (did you see Ohio State’s reaction when they mentioned they were facing Siena on CBS?)

Cleveland State over Wake Forest (Wake better be careful, Cleveland State has to like their chances)

Utah State over Marquette (you got to feel for them since James went down)

Mississippi State over Washington

Siena over Ohio State

Arizona over Utah

USC over Boston College

Utah State over Marquette (and over Missouri to get to the sweet 16)

Maryland over California

VCU over UCLA

Minnesota over Texas

Western Kentucky over Illinois

Florida State over Xavier

Arizona State over Syracuse (and Oklahoma to get to the elite 8)

Wake over Louisville (and to the championship game)

Siena over Ohio State

Arizona over Utah

USC over Boston College

Utah State over Marquette (and over Missouri to get to the sweet 16)

Maryland over California

VCU over UCLA

Minnesota over Texas

Western Kentucky over Illinois

Florida State over Xavier

Arizona State over Syracuse (and Oklahoma to get to the elite 8)

Wake over Louisville (and to the championship game)

Here's hoping you are right! :D