Sign in to follow this  
YardBirds13

Leitao out at UVA

Kentucky is going to fire Gillespie IMO....He could be a good hire.

Of course, the obvious choice would be Anthony Grant, who is already coaching in the state of Virginia and he will be leaving VCU along with Maynor IMO.

Yup. Jones, Gillen, Leitao.

And yeah, no way Jones is coming back. UVA wouldn't want him back, and I'm sure Jones doesn't want to come back either.

I'm jumping on the "Bring Jeff Capel back to the ACC" bandwagon, thanks to beaner.

I'm purely speculating obviously and could be way off. But it looks like a great fit in my opinion.

Kentucky is going to fire Gillespie IMO....He could be a good hire.

Of course, the obvious choice would be Anthony Grant, who is already coaching in the state of Virginia and he will be leaving VCU along with Maynor IMO.

I have a client who is a Kentucky Booster and he tells me some crazy stories about this guy. Not family friendly if you get my drift.

I have a client who is a Kentucky Booster and he tells me some crazy stories about this guy. Not family friendly if you get my drift.

Heard similar things. Wouldn't be happy with him coming to UVA (Unless maybe Patrick Patterson came with him :scratchchinhmm:)

To me, Grant and Capel are the two obvious choices, and two I wouldn't mind. I'd much rather have Capel.

That said, I'm sure it will be someone unexpected. Last time, if I recall correctly, we went pretty hard after Tubby before deciding on Leitao.

Heard similar things. Wouldn't be happy with him coming to UVA (Unless maybe Patrick Patterson came with him :scratchchinhmm:)

To me, Grant and Capel are the two obvious choices, and two I wouldn't mind. I'd much rather have Capel.

That said, I'm sure it will be someone unexpected. Last time, if I recall correctly, we went pretty hard after Tubby before deciding on Leitao.

What about Rick Carlisle? He has had some success in the NBA, and I wonder how he'd do in College. Are there any Virginia message boards out there that you look at? If so, what are they saying?

What about Rick Carlisle? He has had some success in the NBA, and I wonder how he'd do in College. Are there any Virginia message boards out there that you look at? If so, what are they saying?

I do check out one board, but it's not very good, so I dont head there too much.

Most of the names mentioned there are the ones we have said. Grant and Capel the two biggest names. People have mentioned Tubby and Carlisle, Sean Miller's name came up a few times.

I don't really know.

I get the feeling it'll be someone we aren't talking about, and I won't be excited about it. I dunno, I'm just a little bit disappointed about this whole deal, unless we can get Capel.

I do check out one board, but it's not very good, so I dont head there too much.

Most of the names mentioned there are the ones we have said. Grant and Capel the two biggest names. People have mentioned Tubby and Carlisle, Sean Miller's name came up a few times.

I don't really know.

I get the feeling it'll be someone we aren't talking about, and I won't be excited about it. I dunno, I'm just a little bit disappointed about this whole deal, unless we can get Capel.

Yea, I'm surprised at what happened today. I guess with the coach of the year two years ago, the new arena, and the crappy season this year it all added up for his exit.

I think Capel is the guy, and am glad that others are mentioning him as well.

Yea, I'm surprised at what happened today. I guess with the coach of the year two years ago, the new arena, and the crappy season this year it all added up for his exit.

I think Capel is the guy, and am glad that others are mentioning him as well.

I hope so. He would really bring some excitement to the program.

Word on the UVA board is Landesberg is pissed, and the recruit Spurlock is really upset as well.

UVA needs to bring in someone who has a good resume and can get those two guys in line. Capel would certainly be that guy IMO.

I hope so. He would really bring some excitement to the program.

Word on the UVA board is Landesberg is pissed, and the recruit Spurlock is really upset as well.

UVA needs to bring in someone who has a good resume and can get those two guys in line. Capel would certainly be that guy IMO.

Well with Oklahoma still playing, obviously Capel's name shouldn't come up just yet. Keep me posted if you hear or read anything.

Well with Oklahoma still playing, obviously Capel's name shouldn't come up just yet. Keep me posted if you hear or read anything.

Yeah, I'm now rooting for Oklahoma to get bounced the first weekend to maybe get the ball rolling. Then Willie Warren and Griffin can declare for the draft and hire agents, and the orange carpet is out for Capel in Charlottesville!

So, go Morgan State!

Yeah, I'm now rooting for Oklahoma to get bounced the first weekend to maybe get the ball rolling. Then Willie Warren and Griffin can declare for the draft and hire agents, and the orange carpet is out for Capel in Charlottesville!

So, go Morgan State!

Amen to that! I don't want anything to do with Blake Griffin in the Elite Eight.

Amen to that! I don't want anything to do with Blake Griffin in the Elite Eight.

The more I look at the brackets, the more I think it's going to be really tough for Carolina to get to Detroit.

Obviously Round 2 will be in Greensboro, but LSU could be a tough matchup.

Gonzaga in the Sweet 16 I think would be a really tough matchup as well.

I think Oklahoma or Syracuse would both give Carolina good games in the Elite 8 as well. Tougher bracket than I initially thought.

That said, if your guys play D and Lawson is healthy, the aren't gonna get beat.

I'm rooting for the ACC guys.

Maryland to take down Cal and Memphis. Clemson to beat Michigan and Oklahoma. Florida State to beat Wisconsin and then Xavier and then maybe Pitt. UNC to keep moving. Wake to get by pesky Cleveland State and then Utah or Arizona, and maybe Louisville. BC to beat USC and Michigan State. I GUESS I'll even root for Duke, especially if they play Minnesota in Round 2, just to take out as many Big Ten teams as possible.

Let's get at least 4 into the Sweet 16.

And find us a new coach at UVA, while we are at it. I'm looking at you Clemson.....knock out OU in round 2 so we can begin to wine and dine Capel!

The more I look at the brackets, the more I think it's going to be really tough for Carolina to get to Detroit.

Obviously Round 2 will be in Greensboro, but LSU could be a tough matchup.

Gonzaga in the Sweet 16 I think would be a really tough matchup as well.

I think Oklahoma or Syracuse would both give Carolina good games in the Elite 8 as well. Tougher bracket than I initially thought.

That said, if your guys play D and Lawson is healthy, the aren't gonna get beat.

I'm rooting for the ACC guys.

Maryland to take down Cal and Memphis. Clemson to beat Michigan and Oklahoma. Florida State to beat Wisconsin and then Xavier and then maybe Pitt. UNC to keep moving. Wake to get by pesky Cleveland State and then Utah or Arizona, and maybe Louisville. BC to beat USC and Michigan State. I GUESS I'll even root for Duke, especially if they play Minnesota in Round 2, just to take out as many Big Ten teams as possible.

Let's get at least 4 into the Sweet 16.

And find us a new coach at UVA, while we are at it. I'm looking at you Clemson.....knock out OU in round 2 so we can begin to wine and dine Capel!

It's not supposed to be easy to get to the Final Four. I agree that if we play Defense and Lawson is healthy, we won't lose. It's impossible to predict whether the Heels will play defense for 6 games in a row.

I think they can, i hope they do.