O's are Legends

UNC – National Champions

Wilcox and Steven Blake are both solid NBA players. That was a damn good Maryland team.

Truthfully, besides Lawson and Davis, I don't think many of my guys from this team wll be great NBA players.

Yes, solid, but pretty much under the radar, plus their best player hasn't done much in the pro's, and Baxter was a total bust.

No respect for the Terps there! Maybe because none of those guys have had really good NBA careers, but they were great college players.
It is a list comparing champions, its gonna be a tough list.

The only teams I think MD was hands down better than that is above them on that list is last year's Kansas team and the '04-'05 UConn team.

The picture of Juan Dixon with the net around his neck almost makes me cry. I have a framed copy of The Sporting News the week after the championship and its a picture of Dixon and Baxter hugging on the floor after the buzzer. Best cover ever.

Edited by Mackus

The 2002 Maryland team could play with anyone this decade. Ok , the Duke team is #1 and virtually the same exact Maryland roster played them to a stalemate 4 times that year. Granted they only won one of them, in Cameron INdoor on Senior Night BTW, but you had the Gone in 54 second game where Maryland outplayed them for 39 minutes, the terrific back and forth ACC Championship game won on a James tip at the end, and of course the Final FOur game which got away in the last 4 or 5 minutes. If in fact that Duke '01 team was the best of the decade how can Maryland's '02 team who was more expieranced and better than their '01 team be 8th on the list.

Edited by ccbird

The '91-'92 Duke teams and the UNLV teams were better than this UNC team...I think the UNC team of 2005 was as good too.

Those 1990 and 1991 UNLV teams were unbelievable. Well, I can't really remember how deep they were, but they had four starters (Johnson, Augman, Anthony, and Anderson Hunt) that were four of the best players in the country those years. Duke beating them in 1991 had to be one of the bigger upsets in Final Four history...and that was a really good Duke team. The '92 Duke team was much better than the '91 Duke team. Grant Hill (fresh) >>> Brian Davis (senior).

This decade I'd have to go with the 2001 and 2002 Duke teams. The Connecticut team that beat GA Tech was also quite good.

and of course the Final FOur game which got away in the last 4 or 5 minutes.
Don't forget (I certainly can't) that were were up by 22 in the first half of that game.

We blew some pretty impressive leads to Duke that season.

Nothing really to add, I just love seeing "UNC-National Champions" as the name of a thread.

3 years, 2 Final Fours, an ACC player of the Year award, and a National Title.

Thank you boys!

3 years, 2 Final Fours, an ACC player of the Year award, and a National Title.

Thank you boys!

So what does your starting lineup look like next year? And, does this open up scholarships for them to go after someone like Wall?