Frobby

After Two Weeks of Pie...

Pie is a defensive liablity, if he can't hit and he can't field, then he has no place on this team...

I keep hearing that he's so bad defensively. I've been watching quite a bit and I don't understand this description. I don't think he looks great but he certainly doesn't look like a liability to me. I just hope I can find some of these posts when Pie starts to turn it around.

Mr Pie, can not hit lefties. .245 in the minors. He can not hit the better power pitchers in the AL. (was overpowered by Paps) and IMHO stinks.

We are wasting a roster spot and time trying to make chicken soup out of chicken feathers. The Cubs thought so much of him they signed 38 year old Jim Edmunds and put him center and sent Pie to Iowa until they could unload him on us. Have you seen him at bat. His ave. is decieving because of his speed. DFA him if he passes then good, work on his deficetcies in Norfolk, if he gets claimed, bye a cake and say good luck.

Pie is a defensive liablity, if he can't hit and he can't field, then he has no place on this team...

I'm pretty certain it isn't possible for me to disagree with you more here. You're saying this in reaction to the bad play from Pie, which really wasn't that big of a deal. Certainly he could have handled it better, and if he's consistently screwing those plays up in June, then you'll have a case. But, really, you haven't been watching the same games I have if you think Pie hasn't improved since the beginning of the season. If anything, these first couple of weeks has made me more confident that Pie will put it all together. His pitch recognition is more advanced than I thought it would be, probably better than Jones' at the beginning of last year. I'm very glad he's a part of our club.

Gary Thorne was saying tonight that if Pie doesn't show something with the bat soon, Trembley will have to bench him even more often. If thats true, thats terrible.
Sad thing is, it sounded like he was quoting Trembley when he said it.

IMO, we need to give Pie a fresh start and act like this is his rookie season.

How many games has he appeared in? 9? 10?

After his 30th game, Nick was batting under .198.

After his 46th game, Nick was batting .209.

I'm pretty certain it isn't possible for me to disagree with you more here. You're saying this in reaction to the bad play from Pie, which really wasn't that big of a deal. Certainly he could have handled it better, and if he's consistently screwing those plays up in June, then you'll have a case. But, really, you haven't been watching the same games I have if you think Pie hasn't improved since the beginning of the season. If anything, these first couple of weeks has made me more confident that Pie will put it all together. His pitch recognition is more advanced than I thought it would be, probably better than Jones' at the beginning of last year. I'm very glad he's a part of our club.

He's been screwing up plays since ST and has made more bad plays than good in LF. What makes you think he'll change?

He is not what he was advertised to be. He is not the star 22 year old prospect anymore. It shouldn't be this hard to convert from CF to LF.

IMO, we need to give Pie a fresh start and act like this is his rookie season.

How many games has he appeared in? 9? 10?

After his 30th game, Nick was batting under .198.

After his 46th game, Nick was batting .209.

Markakis had a stellar ST. Pie did not.

Crowley didn't have to take apart and rebuild Markakis like he has to Pie.

Pie needs to be sent back to the minors to be taken apart and rebuilt again. He is not a ML player right now and he's taking up a roster spot that we need. DFA him and send him to Norfolk if he clears.

Pie needs to be sent back to the minors to be taken apart again. He is not a ML player right now and he's taking up a roster spot that we need.

For what? To win 75 games instead of 73 to satisfy the most impatient fans?

Unless Pie is hitting .150 for two months he should get a minimum of 400 PAs in the major leagues this year.

Pie needs to be sent back to the minors to be taken apart and rebuilt again. He is not a ML player right now and he's taking up a roster spot that we need. DFA him and send him to Norfolk if he clears.

He wouldn't clear, and that would be the most ridiculous thing that MacPhail could possibly do at this point.

You really have zero patience to have a player develop, huh? I shudder to think what'll happen with you if Tillman or Matusz or Arrieta come up and struggle.

Basic common sense.

He lacks the instincts but he has the tools. It should come naturally to him, but it doesn't.

Maybe it never will.

I'm not sure why everybody expects the light to click on for this guy...

Of the topics about which you have something to teach me, Felix Pie is not one of them. You have made your close-minded bias abundantly clear.

He lacks the instincts but he has the tools. It should come naturally to him, but it doesn't.

Maybe it never will.

I'm not sure why everybody expects the light to click on for this guy...

We don't. We're just not ready to give up on him after two weeks like you are.

Felix Pie = Daniel Cabrera unlimited potential, little result

Talk to me when Pie gets five years of a regular major league job, like Cabrera was given. Little result in sporadic play over a few years is close to meaningless.

Your argument jost lost all credibility right there.

Saying Pie is a defensive liability is ridiculous, even for you.