bgfield

Liz working on a no hitter.

Any chance Liz is up in September? And if he does well along with Olson, does that make trading Cabrera in the offseason a priority?

Don't forget Penn. I hope he can get called up this Sept.

Don't forget Penn. I hope he can get called up this Sept.

No way. He's pitching in the Gulf Coast League. Hopefully he gets strong in the offseason, makes a good showing in AAA and can come up sometime next year (for good this time).

No way. He's pitching in the Gulf Coast League. Hopefully he gets strong in the offseason, makes a good showing in AAA and can come up sometime next year (for good this time).

He threw 5 innings in his last start. He doesn't have anything to prove other than his health. If he is healthy enough to go 6 ip / 90 pitches he should get called up.

Provided he doesn't miss the bus.

Penn is still building up arm strength and building up his stuff once again. It's the equivalent of spring training to him - and some of you want to throw him to the wolves by bringing him up to the show.

It's not handling him with kid gloves either. The purpose is to get Penn ready for NEXT season. He's been shell shocked up in the show before, and just imagine doing it again, when his arm and stuff are not 100% yet - this board will expload on him - AND even worse it could persuade the O's FO to trade him, but instead of a valuable chip...it will be pennies on the dollar.

Don't count on Penn or Liz for next year's starting rotation. Hayden would've most likely been ready this year for a starting assignment, but there was that appendectomy issue, so he'll get AAA starts at the beginning of the year. Look for a mid-season call-up, and a possibility of starting 2009. Radhames, who's really turned it on in Bowie, might get a call-up later this year, but look for him to begin '08 in Norfolk working on his changeup further. He'll also get a promotion mid '08, if he stays healthy. Liz'll be in the bullpen, high BB's and high K's.

2008 O's Rotation

Bedard

Loewen

Cabrera

Olson

Guthrie

'Pen:

Penn

Walker

Bradford

Baez

Liz

Hoey

Ray

Dumb guess, but I'll stick with it, I suppose.

Best Regards,

Alphonse

I bet we sign 1 FA starter, either Cabrera or Guthrie is gone, Penn is at AAA and Burres in the pen. Otherwise, seems realistic.

Burres is definately in the Pen and Penn isn't going to go to the BP either. Don't see us sign any starter and I highly doubt Cabrera gets traded.

I agree. No need to rush him anyways.

Of course you do, you're just trying to make me look like an idiot. How else could you interpret that? You think everything other than your opinion is wrong, how much clearer can I get?

Interpret what?

I do not think Liz will be ready to be in the Oriole rotation in April 2008, he still needs to work on his command. However, I'd love to have a look-see in September just to see how he fares vs. big league pitching.

I do not think Liz will be ready to be in the Oriole rotation in April 2008, he still needs to work on his command. However, I'd love to have a look-see in September just to see how he fares vs. big league pitching.

I hope major leaguers arent pitching against the other pitcher...by then you should know your pitching against the opposing hitters...hoping to do as well as you can...not just a little better than the opposing major league pitchers

In AA, he isn't even averaging 5 2/3 IP per start.

Have no idea what this means.

Seems Liz is like Loewen and DCab. He can go deep so long as he keeps those walks down. He has really good stuff but he has to better control it in order to get into the alter innings. To me he shouldn't be written off as a bullpen guy yet.