Hank Scorpio

Dream Vacation?

Barbados would be my pick, just got back from there for my Honeymoon in June. People there are amazingly friendly. Arriving back in Miami made me want to turn back!

New Mexico, Cindy. Don't forget New Mexico. We have rather a lot to do.

I wont..I promise:)

One of my dreams is comming true:)

I will going to CA near my 29th birthday:):clap3:

And I should say, a couple weekends a year at Lake Anna, with my Dad and Uncles and cousins, catching bass, drinking beer, grilling meat, sitting around the fire telling tales, burping and farting at will... that's heaven. ;)

I had a dream I went to Greenland. It was great, I want to go there now!!!!!!! Maybe one day I could hop on an air mobility command flight there from BWI.

I had a dream I went to Greenland. It was great, I want to go there now!!!!!!! Maybe one day I could hop on an air mobility command flight there from BWI.

For about eight months in 07-08, BWI was the only American destination that Air Greenland has had. It's a shame you missed your chance at what I'm sure would have been a truly delightful commercial flying experience to Nuuk.

I'm not sure that flight would have made any money here...even in soemwhere like NY. The amount of passengers wishing to pay to go to Greenland is pretty low. I wonder how expensive it is in Nuuk or Kangerlussuaq to take a vacation there. I think there are military charters there due to the US base. If not I could fly to Denmark then go to Greenland.

Bump.

Plannin' a honeymoon. Three finalists:

http://matachica.com/

http://www.meridianclub.com/

http://www.zoetryresorts.com/agua/

Thoughts?

They all look pretty friggin' nice.

I'd narrow it down by price, shortest travel time (flight + ground) and value. Are they all-inclusive? Is there anything you want to do in the surrounding area?

I've been to Punta Cana years ago...Outback Safari tours are awesome. Probably the most wasted I've been...overseas.

• Upvote 1

There's only one reason I don't want to go to Punta Cana and that's basically that EVERYONE seems to go there on their honeymoons.

I'm hoping that we pull the Meridian Club out of the hat... but I'd be cool with Belize, too.

I would take a year and go to performances in all the major opera houses in the world. And the next year I'd get tickets to every! single! game! at OPACY.

In the meantime, maybe I'll just go back to the Grand Canyon. It's close.

Reading back thru the thread, Russia (Moscow) and Australia would be great. I said Italy and Europe in general but I really meant Tuscany. A food tour all up and down Italy and Sicily. Maybe hard for some to understand but something like say The Coliseum would be an afterthought. Dream vacation.

Yes, Australia sounds nice, but remember what Steve Irwin used to say: "Seeks of the tin mowst diddly snikes in the woold leave een Austrylya."

The place I really like is Hawaii. Visit different islands - they are all different. My wife is from there, and we have visited many times in our 39 years together. Coincidentally, there are no snakes in Hawaii.

Edited by Number5