SimplyZ

6/20 O's at Philadelphia

Now HERE I will say Trembley blew the game. Why pitch to Howard?

Howard had a 104 fever before the game. Baez has been pitching great as of late. Guys, I love this board and the fans I see here. But the lack of hitting with RISP killed us here. It should be at the very least a tie game with a decent hitting effort.

Chan Ho Park is in, we still have a chance. This guy hasn't been decent in years.

This is just as much Nick Markakis' fault as it is Trembley's. I'm never a Trembley apologist but seriously, how is this not on the hitters? They've left like 15 people on base.

Because despite our anti-clutchness, we had the lead. And we had 2 outs and the pitcher's spot due up.

Hmm, who would I rather face, Ryan Howard, or the pitcher's spot? DT costs us another.

I can totally understand DT's decision not to PH for Bergesen. But pitching to Howard in that situation is inexcusable and I hope the media grill him good in the postgame on his reasoning for that decision.

Its so completely ridiculous that people are calling BB our Ace, then blaming this loss on DT. 6 Innings pitched with 71 pitches thrown. To paint the picture that its inconceivable that he was brought back out is ignorant, and irresponsible. Half of us here spending hours posting on message boards can't even manage our time, let alone a MLB team. How unbelievably ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Howard had a 104 fever before the game. Baez has been pitching great as of late. Guys, I love this board and the fans I see here. But the lack of hitting with RISP killed us here. It should be at the very least a tie game with a decent hitting effort.

Chan Ho Park is in, we still have a chance. This guy hasn't been decent in years.

You said it spot on. Leaving people in scoring position really hurt us here tonight.

Come on. The guy has gone into the 9th inning, what, twice in the last four starts? And into the seventh during each one of them? He was at 71 pitches. As far as we could tell he was cruising. Maybe it was a bad decision, but there is no way it's as bad as you're making it out to be. The worst decision you've seen in a loooong time? Really?

So lets think about this. Odds are BB wont throw 9..so you are hoping to get an inning, maybe two more out of him. The pen has not been over worked lately. You have an off day on Monday. You are in a close game with a chance for some insurance. You trade that for the chance BB will pitch anther inning? 95% of the time in the NL, they will PH in that situation.