SimplyZ

6/20 O's at Philadelphia

Its so completely ridiculous that people are calling BB our Ace, then blaming this loss on DT. 6 Innings pitched with 71 pitches thrown. To paint the picture that its inconceivable that he was brought back out is ignorant, and irresponsible. Half of us here spending hours posting on message boards can't even manage our time, let alone a MLB team. How unbelievably ridiculous.

Sure you bring him back...but not if he has to hit with them loaded in the 7th in a close game with one out. I'm suprised at the lack of baseball stratagy knowledge on this board tonight!

So lets think about this. Odds are BB wont throw 9..so you are hoping to get an inning, maybe two more out of him. The pen has not been over worked lately. You have an off day on Monday. You are in a close game with a chance for some insurance. You trade that for the chance BB will pitch anther inning? 95% of the time in the NL, they will PH in that situation.

How are "odds are BB won't throw 9"? Yeah, now we can look at it and see, no, he didn't throw nine, but he was at 71 pitches... 71! In the 7th inning! He could have easily pitched two or even three more innings. He was cruising. They had TWO hits. Yeah, it could have gone either way. I wouldn't have argued with Reimold PHing there. Come on, though, that is not a no-brainer. I think the decision to leave BB in was fine. Yeah, it bit us in the end, but at the time, I don't think the decision was as clear cut as you're making it.

14 base runners left stranded on base..

Why are you people blaming the management? Blame our HITTING for not doing their job!

The hitting with RISP has been poor, at best. But that has no bearing whatsoever on Trembley's questionable decision to pitch to one of the top sluggers in baseball in that situation.

My boyfriend is visiting me tonight, and he's a huge Phillies fan. I'm going to hear crap for the rest of the night if this doesn't turn around.

:angryfire:

Send him home with no kiss tonight.:laughlol:

How are "odds are BB won't throw 9"? Yeah, now we can look at it and see, no, he didn't throw nine, but he was at 71 pitches... 71! In the 7th inning! He could have easily pitched two or even three more innings. He was cruising. They had TWO hits. Yeah, it could have gone either way. I wouldn't have argued with Reimold PHing there. Come on, though, that is not a no-brainer. I think the decision to leave BB in was fine. Yeah, it bit us in the end, but at the time, I don't think the decision was as clear cut as you're making it.

No way Sherrill doesn't come in for the 9th in a close game.

No way Sherrill doesn't come in for the 9th in a close game.

You don't think that if BB were cruising into the 9th, DT would let him go for the CG? I do. I don't think Sherrill is automatic. Especially after leaving him in to bat, DT would justify that by letting him finish the game, unless he were to come to bat again.