NewMarketSean

Trembley losing control?

What do you mean, there is smoke, there is fire ... c'mon.:D

Someone in the clubhouse just had the heat up a little too high on the Canadian bacon, that's all.

Yeah, what he said. :D

Dude, it is always what Frobby said ... we need that level-headedness with the conspiracy theories that will abound around here for the rest of the year.

On BOTH sides! :laughlol:

And if there were 3 sides, we'd have some folks sure about each of the 3...

ps: Back before CD's when everybody had record albums, I was at a friend's house and we were listening to the live 2nd disc of Cream's "Wheels of Fire". His little sister came in, looked down at record spinning on the turntable and said, "Side 3?!?! How'd they do that?"

Right on. Things are starting to creep out. What evidence is there that he has not lost the clubhouse and all the players love him? Even if they do love him, who doesn't love their boss that lets them get by without being productive and holding them accountable? The only argument I hear by the DT fans are it's not his fault, and his players don't have talent. Can someone tell me something that DT has done right and why he is a good manager?

Please, sir, can you prove that you are <i>not</i> a Communist and that you do <i>not</i> beat your wife?

Does anyone else think it's time to give the stop with the fire Trembley's threads every time someone farts? Almost certainly he has not lost control of the team. Besides, MacPhail is smart enough to know not to stir up problems because of all the young players on the team. Anything or nothing manager-wise is going to happen after the season ends.

I for one am tired of them. It seems to be the same group of posters who take any development and turn it into a fire DT thread. We keep firing managers and nothing changes. They are bringing in the kids and if they think DT is a guy to develop the kids then he stays, if not he goes. To me he has been sent into battle with a squirt gun for 2 plus years. The results were and are very predictable.

It just seems to me that we could find The Doctor charge up the TARDIS and go back to last year and it was Ramon. Back further it was Miggy. Back further it was Javy. Back further it was Bigbie.

Every year it seems like it is someone new. Perhaps we need to realize that Pete Rose, Derek Jeter and Cal Ripken are exceptions and not the rule.

I don't know how this myth arose that Jeter runs full bore on every ground ball. I think Jim Palmer started it. Jeter is no different from 90% of the players, nor is Roberts, IMO. There are 5% of guys who run out every ball, no matter how routine, as if their life depended on it. There are 5% who overtly lollygag. The other 90% go all-out if it looks like a play where doing that may make a difference, and if not, they run at a speed that is something less than 100% but isn't quite coasting, either, just in case something unusual happens. Obviously there are degrees of this, but BRob is well within tolerance IMO.

People need to understand that Brian isn't doing anything that different from like 80% of the league.

Yeah, but this theory also means you're prepared to forgive all the steroids / HGH users.

And if there were 3 sides, we'd have some folks sure about each of the 3...

ps: Back before CD's when everybody had record albums, I was at a friend's house and we were listening to the live 2nd disc of Cream's "Wheels of Fire". His little sister came in, looked down at record spinning on the turntable and said, "Side 3?!?! How'd they do that?"

What's a record?

I don't know how this myth arose that Jeter runs full bore on every ground ball. I think Jim Palmer started it. Jeter is no different from 90% of the players, nor is Roberts, IMO. There are 5% of guys who run out every ball, no matter how routine, as if their life depended on it. There are 5% who overtly lollygag. The other 90% go all-out if it looks like a play where doing that may make a difference, and if not, they run at a speed that is something less than 100% but isn't quite coasting, either, just in case something unusual happens. Obviously there are degrees of this, but BRob is well within tolerance IMO.

I believe Michael Kay started it.

Please, sir, can you prove that you are <i>not</i> a Communist and that you do <i>not</i> beat your wife?

WTF? Personal attacks are completely uncalled for. Why in the hell would you insinuate I abuse my wife.

WTF? Personal attacks are completely uncalled for. Why in the hell would you insinuate I abuse my wife.

Wow. You didn't just miss the point, you whiffed like Luis Hernandez facing Tim Lincecum.

Wow. You didn't just miss the point, you whiffed like Luis Hernandez facing Tim Lincecum.

I don't know what the point is and quite frankly I don't care. This is a completely BS thing for anyone to say. I am a member of this site to hear what knowledgable Orioles fans have to offer. I would never use the sentence that he did towards anyone for any reason.

I don't know what the point is and quite frankly I don't care. This is a completely BS thing for anyone to say. I am a member of this site to hear what knowledgable Orioles fans have to offer. I would never use the sentence that he did towards anyone for any reason.

Whatever. If you don't want to bother understanding the point there's no reason to pursue it further.

Peter snees, let me say that I thought it made perfect sense, even though I happen to be on the opposite side of the argument.

So, have you stopped beating your wife?

j/k. ;) I don't want you to prove a negative (petersnee's point), and there's no safe answer for the question anyway.

ETA: Since you're not in a joking mood, I dare not ask why you didn't object to being labeled a communist.

Edited by TonySoprano