O-The-Memories

8/12 vs Oakland-Pie sighting!

I wonder if they ever watch their own games to see the mistakes they make? DT must do this immediately.

The A's are an example of youth plus good hitting plus fundamentals. Isn't this the model of a team we are supposed to be building?

MSK

If you looked at the A's roster, you would think they would be the worst team in baseball. Somehow they are better than the O's, and I don't know how it's possible. We play the game the wrong way.

If you looked at the A's roster, you would think they would be the worst team in baseball. Somehow they are better than the O's, and I don't know how it's possible. We play the game the wrong way.

EXACTLY. The A's consistently manage to be somewhat competitive despite stripping their team down every other season and picking up vets who may or may not have a good season.

Even though they are in a much smaller division, they play hard, fundamental baseball and we don't.

I honestly don't know why this happens.

MSK

It seems that Geren just lets his guys play.

Hey this Mazzaro kid is from my area. Just a cool thing to see a kid from the next town over pitch in the big leagues. I believe I faced him once in summer ball too and I think I was drilled by him (retaliation for me hitting someone).

EXACTLY. The A's consistently manage to be somewhat competitive despite stripping their team down every other season and picking up vets who may or may not have a good season.

Even though they are in a much smaller division, they play hard, fundamental baseball and we don't.

I honestly don't know why this happens.

MSK

It is a losing mentality.

It seems that Geren just lets his guys play.

But you can tell that he demands that guys do things the right way. Run out everything, hit cut-off men, move guys up, etc.

The O's can jog out ground balls, "ole" balls in the dirt, demand playing time in the media, and so on.

Organizationally, they're just way better. The Oriole Way has become a joke.

Oh I dunno. Since he plays right behind 2B I think he has a good chance of catching it over the shoulder.

Ha, good point! Seriously though, Davis got a great read on the ball, and really had a good burst of speed to catch it. I guess the snipe at Jones was a little much, but I'm just frustrated.