O-The-Memories

8/12 vs Oakland-Pie sighting!

But you can tell that he demands that guys do things the right way. Run out everything, hit cut-off men, move guys up, etc.

The O's can jog out ground balls, "ole" balls in the dirt, demand playing time in the media, and so on.

Organizationally, they're just way better. The Oriole Way has become a joke.

Sorry, got to call you on this. Do you watch the A's everyday? Do you follow the team in the media everyday? Obviously, we all do this everyday with the O's, but we don't watch any other team on a daily basis like we do this one. Jamie Moyer just ranted about the lack of respect he was shown by the Phillies when he was demoted to the bullpen for Pedro Martinez. That's the World Series Champion Phillies. Every team in baseball has issues, every team makes mistakes. We see ours more. I'm not saying there aren't serious issues with this team, but I'm sure that the A's have had bad baserunning mistakes this year. Hell, Jack "the crawlin' man" Cust plays for them. I'm sure someone has lollygagged at some point (had to get a Bull Durham reference in). There's a reason that the A's are in last place in a far easier division.

Sorry, got to call you on this. Do you watch the A's everyday? Do you follow the team in the media everyday? Obviously, we all do this everyday with the O's, but we don't watch any other team on a daily basis like we do this one. Jamie Moyer just ranted about the lack of respect he was shown by the Phillies when he was demoted to the bullpen for Pedro Martinez. That's the World Series Champion Phillies. Every team in baseball has issues, every team makes mistakes. We see ours more. I'm not saying there aren't serious issues with this team, but I'm sure that the A's have had bad baserunning mistakes this year. Hell, Jack "the crawlin' man" Cust plays for them. I'm sure someone has lollygagged at some point (had to get a Bull Durham reference in). There's a reason that the A's are in last place in a far easier division.

The A's have struggling young pitching (younger than ours) and in my opinion, the worst group of hitters in baseball. They have a definite lack of ML talent through their roster.

A's best hitters: Cust, Kennedy

Royals: Teahen, Butler, Callaspo, DeJesus

Pirates: McCutchen, Jones, Young

At best, they have a bottom three lineup in baseball on paper. However, they have been hitting much better than our lineup, which features Roberts, Jones, Markakis, Wieters, Scott, Huff, and Reimold.

Now if you could explain to me why the heck we have a worse record than the A's with a much better amount of offensive talent, I'd like to know.

The A's have struggling young pitching (younger than ours) and in my opinion, the worst group of hitters in baseball. They have a definite lack of ML talent through their roster.

A's best hitters: Cust, Kennedy

Royals: Teahen, Butler, Callaspo, DeJesus

Pirates: McCutchen, Jones, Young

At best, they have a bottom three lineup in baseball on paper. However, they have been hitting much better than our lineup, which features Roberts, Jones, Markakis, Wieters, Scott, Huff, and Reimold.

Now if you could explain to me why the heck we have a worse record than the A's with a much better amount of offensive talent, I'd like to know.

Easy answer... they play hard, fundamental baseball. At least against the Orioles.

MSK

I don't watch the A's everyday, but a dozen times, or so, is more then enough to spot the differences between the two teams.

Also, if Melvin Mora had half the career Jamie Moyer has had, I'd have no problem with him whining about playing time. Especially if the O's had a good, veteran ballclub that could overcome a few distractions. In this case, all he's done is set yet another bad example for the players who we hope will be here when this franchise gets turned around.